What does "Additional Review" means. Experts please help....

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
Case EB3 lab. sub PD-Sep 2000, I-485 RD March 2005

Recently got reply letter from USCIS on case status inquiry I did a month back -

Type of Service Request - Case Status - Outside Processing time.

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice from us within 6 months of this letter, please call....

About "additional review"...is it the same as name check/background check - if not what does it mean???? Why would they need to do additional review? - Has anyone else been in the same boat - if so what has been the end result??? Or does anyone knows how much time it normally takes for this additional review so that I can get my case finally approved???

Thanks

Can anyone please explain what does additional review means? And has anyone received the same kind of response from VSC - If so how many days back did they receievd it and has there been any progess??

What I am trying to figure out is could I expect to get approved within 6 months or sooner like they have specified in the letter - or is it just a sham to cover up their as* and I might have to wait much more longer? As my PD has been current for over 6 months now - and still no LUDs??

Thanks

Standard Message --

this is a standard mesage that USCIS sends based on what I gather from the forum here. it means that your application is also waiting on the stardard FBI name checks or the FP checks that USCIS has to do.

good luck..my dates are similar to yours and in the same condition -- so hope all our results are on the way from FBi head office to VSC

jhawilla said:
... Your company filled a lot of GC cases for your co-workers?
My company usually files only 2-3 cases in any given year.. so that should'nt be an issue..

supply_demand said:
..it means that your application is also waiting on the stardard FBI name checks or the FP checks that USCIS has to do...

Hello supply_demand best wishes to you too. BTW I am hoping that "additional review" does'nt means the name check - as I have called INS couple of times already - and none of the customer representatives I have talked to have told me about any pending checks of any kind. Can you sight some similar examples on this forum which also discuss about "additional review"?? I hope someone else on the forum can throw some light on this.

Thanks

Aakash28 said:
Hello supply_demand best wishes to you too. BTW I am hoping that "additional review" does'nt means the name check - as I have called INS couple of times already - and none of the customer representatives I have talked to have told me about any pending checks of any kind. Can you sight some similar examples on this forum which also discuss about "additional review"?? I hope someone else on the forum can throw some light on this.

Thanks
Hi Aakash28,

Are you from retro country? when did you do your last FP. My guess, your name checks was completed.

chellencba said:
Hi Aakash28,
Are you from retro country? when did you do your last FP. My guess, your name checks was completed.

I am from India and my FP (Code 3) were done back in May 2005. Please explain as to what you think "additional review" means - and why do you think my name-check must have been completed.

Thanks

Additional Review

Hi Akaash,

I also got exactly same reply from USCIS. My FP was done in May 2005.

I am eagerly wating to know what's going on with my case.

My details:

EB2 ( India )
PD: April 2002.
I140 / I 485 RD: April 2005.
FP: May 2005.
I 140 AD: July 2005.
I 485: Wating ???

So finally the search for truth ends here - talked to an immi. officer today - was told that "additional review" basically is the same as "security checks". So now I know that I too like many others have been stuck in "security checks"

Aakash28 said:
So finally the search for truth ends here - talked to an immi. officer today - was told that "additional review" basically is the same as "security checks". So now I know that I too like many others have been stuck in "security checks"
Wel-Come to hell.

additional review on I140

Hello Aakash and others.

Even my case is struck at TSC for an additional review.We got this information by August end that they will get back to us in 60days.Now 60 days over and we have not heard any thing from them.My attorney is going to create another query.Did any of you in the same boat.It has been 18months that I am waiting for my I140 and yes it is a Labor Sub case.
Do you think I am struck in Security check.
How to find the same?

Let me know if you hear anything.
I140 ND APR2005
I485 ND AUG2005
FP SEP2005.
My 6 year H1 is expiring in Jan07 and I am nervous to upgrade the I140 to premium now.Company is suggesting to wait till 1st week of Jan to extend the H1.

Please advise.

Phoneix123.

phoneix123 said:
Even my case is struck at TSC for an additional review....
How to find the same?

What's your PD?

From what you have specified it is definate that you are stuck in security check. The best way to make sure of what exactly is happening with your case is to contact you State Senator or Congressman. Or, try the POJ trick to talk to immi. officer (which may or may not work).

phoneix123 said:
Hello Aakash and others.

Even my case is struck at TSC for an additional review.We got this information by August end that they will get back to us in 60days.Now 60 days over and we have not heard any thing from them.My attorney is going to create another query.Did any of you in the same boat.It has been 18months that I am waiting for my I140 and yes it is a Labor Sub case.
How to find the same?

Let me know if you hear anything.
I140 ND APR2005
I485 ND AUG2005
FP SEP2005.
My 6 year H1 is expiring in Jan07 and I am nervous to upgrade the I140 to premium now.Company is suggesting to wait till 1st week of Jan to extend the H1.

Please advise.

Phoneix123.

why u don't pay $1000 extra for the premium processing? u should get in this a way an answer in 15 days max. make ur life easier by just paying some money.

Additional Review on I140

Aakash & Anatonia,

Thanks for getting back to me.My PD is DEC1999.
I am waiting for my H1 extension to go through.Once that is through, I will upgrade 140 to PP, if it is not approved at that time.
My 6 year H1 expires in Jan07 and Employer is insisting he will file for extension only on the first week of Jan.In the mean time,I am pushing my attorney to query the USCIS to know the status of 140.
Do you think upgrading 140 to PP will take care even if our app is struck in Security Check.

Phoneix

Security checks/Background checks= IBIS name checks +FBI Finger Printers checks + FBI name checks. If positive, Additional Review/Further Investigation ( same meaning) takes efect.
Actualy, USCIS has 4904 GC cases, from clients without interview yet, waiting results from these External Agencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

This post seems from long back but I am unfortunately in this phase now. Can anyone share your experiences on how things went from here for you?