What documents i need to carry with me to USA

Trueman999

Registered Users (C)
I just became Canadian Citizen. I am on H1-B status in USA. I need to find out what documents i need to carry while travelling from Canada to USA? Do i need to carry my recent pay stubs along with I-797? I have applied for CDN passport and will be carrying with me? Is there going to be a problem while crossing border? Any comments are highly appreciated.

There shouldn't be any issues or problems. Your Canadian Passport, your I-797 approval notice and to be on the safe side also carry employment verification letter, which clearly states your job description, dates of employment and salary, your paystubs for the last 2 - 4 pay periods, and your I-129 package. If you had a valid visa stamp in your passport, carry your old passport.

Thanks vault for your reply. But i don't have VISA stamp in my old passport. Cna i just carry my new CDN passport along with the I-797? Let me know.

Originally posted by Trueman999
Thanks vault for your reply. But i don't have VISA stamp in my old passport. Cna i just carry my new CDN passport along with the I-797? Let me know.

I don't think you should have any issues at the border or at the airport. Just make sure you are able to answer any questions asked without hesitation. Let us know how things went...

Quick question

Where you already in the US when you got the Canadian citizenship? Any questions from the citizenship judge?

Your quick response would be appreciated, I am going for my oath next week.

Thanks,
monster

Monster,
When i went for my oath, judge didn't even bother looking at my passport and all i did was took oath and i was done in about an hour. Good luck to you!!!

Trueman need help with passport guaranter

any tips...if i apply with stuatory form any problem???