What are the chances of getting her Visa

sshah1001

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

I am trying to get visitor's visa for my mother. Her visa has been rejected twice three years back. She has also overstayed in Canada. She is a widow and all her sons and daughters are either in US or Canada. In such a situation, what is the likelyhood of getting visitor visa?

Thanks in Adv.

sshah1001 said:
Hi friends,

I am trying to get visitor's visa for my mother. Her visa has been rejected twice three years back. She has also overstayed in Canada. She is a widow and all her sons and daughters are either in US or Canada. In such a situation, what is the likelyhood of getting visitor visa?

Thanks in Adv.
Honestly - slim.

She has to prove she has strong ties to her home country ... if all her kids are abroad then it becomes bad.

Does your mother have her parents back home ? -- can she claim that she needs to take care of them and hence would have to return ?
Does she own some property (this won't mean much) or better some business ?
Does she work or she is a stay-at-home mom ?

Tough man --- you need to really come up with some solid reasons to prove that she'll not overstay and would go back home -- and her history in Canada is against her too (but thankfully, I don't think the consular officer can find out about that incident !)

Finally, it would depend on which country she's from .... some consulates are tougher than others.

Counselor

Hi friends,

Thanks in Adv.

It depends on why she was denied visa twice, if she lied, then they will not give her a visa, incase her children are citizens in Canada and US, they can file for her. She did a mistake by overstaying but it doesn't hurt to try again