What are our options..? Please Help

las

I'm a naturalized us citizen, married to a guy from Sri Lanka, currently on a H1-B (extended upto 3 yrs back in january 2003). His H1B status will expire in january 2005.

We have filed for I130 for him at the CA processing Ctr with a receipt date of 02-19. For the last 3 mths or so, the processing date for I130 have been 02-05-2003.

What are our options..? Can we get a EAD card for my Husband even though the I130 is not approved and can I file for I485 even though I'm still awaiting approval for the I130. We read that we can file for I485 and then get a EAD after 3 mths..? Is this true.

Pls let us know what our options are..? My husband's job seems to be kinda iffy and we might need the EAD soon

THX in Advance

las

The solution was simple. Since your husband was already in US, you should have filled I-485 along with the I-130. In that case an application for EAD and advanced parole could be filled together too...

Since you have filled I-130 seperately, either you need to cancel that and start filling all the docs together or wait for I-130 approval. If you choose to wait, EAD cannot be filled.

goodluck

SWaiting

Hi Swaiting,

Thank you for answering my question. Do you have any idea what the process is to cancel my pending application (I130) and then file I485 and I130 and the EAD and AP applications..

Thanks in advance

Las

I dont have the exact details how to cancel I-130. However once you are done with it, I can help you pointing at tons of threads we have in this forum on how to file the docs together in california...

goodluck

PS : Search on this forum. Maybe you will find the cancellation stuff too..