what about Legal Immigrants???

dice12

Registered Users (C)
Nobody is talking about us, legal immigrants who is contributing lot such as taxes, businesses, economy, communities ......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10239677/

president is talking about converting illgeal immigrant to legal, nothing about legal immigrants.....

thats total unfair, injustice to us.

i dont think legal immigrant will get justice in near future only see retrogression, backlog centers etc and illegals gets everything.

Why legal immigrants are ignored ...

dice12 said:
Nobody is talking about us, legal immigrants who is contributing lot such as taxes, businesses, economy, communities ......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10239677/

president is talking about converting illgeal immigrant to legal, nothing about legal immigrants.....

thats total unfair, injustice to us.

i dont think legal immigrant will get justice in near future only see retrogression, backlog centers etc and illegals gets everything.

dice12,

There are a lot of reasons that the US turns its back on immigration reform for legal immigrants. Here are just a few -

1. Legal immigrants work like dogs, pay thousands of dollars in taxes but are not eligible for any benefits. If immigration reform leads to a reduction in the legal immigrant pool, the goverment will loose a lot of free $$ that are currently being taken from hardworking legal immigrants and given away to PRs and citizens.

2. Money made from the immigration process is a good source of income for the goverment. The longer the process, the more money they can keep taking from legal immigrants. If the process became efficient this source of income would be reduced in half because people would never file for EAD and APs more than once.

3. Another powerful reason is that politicians are trying to grow their voter base by focusing on illegal immigrants. I mean no offence but its a fact that the illegal alien community is mostly from South America. Since Hispanics are the fastest growing minority in the US, it is in every political parties interest to impress them and make sure that they vote for them for generations to come.

As you can see, it is in no ones interest to improve legal immigration. I do not see any major change in the near term. It does not make monetary or political sense to the US right now.

regards,

saras76

Not much motivation for US to improve things for legal immigrations.
They keep wanting GC(no shortage of demand/supply) and they keep
paying taxes anyway. But when you talk about illegal immigrant,
it's about new tax revenue. Plus US corporates need less and less
of engineers, for example, because they're now expanding outsourcing...
These jobs illegals are doing actually less outsourceable in some cases.

It actually makes a lot of sense.