What’s going on with EAD clock after LIFO??

mancinoask

Hi everyone! I want to describe situaton about my asylum case and maybe this happening not only with me. I applied asylum on 04.04.2018, interviewed on 08.05.2018 and got decision about refferal to court on 22.05.2018 (after 14 days as usual). Till this point everything is ok, and the officer which gave me decision said that I can apply for EAD on 1 September, and reffering to court does not affect yor clock, I said ok, but beacuse of doubt I started to chek EAD clock and I wondered that clock is stoped on 48 days, exactly the decision day. I talked about it with my lawer and he said that it’s impossible and there some mistake with clock but we can do something only at master hearing. At master hearing the judge just said that clock will be continue from 48 day (I lost approximately 100 days and cant understand what is my fault). The lawyer says that nothing can be done about this, and I do not know how I should be, how to live without money in poverty until the end of the year. Another problem - clocks shows 48 days again despite the fact that master hearing was 10 days ago. If some body also filled after LIFO sistem and was reffered to court, I ask you just to chek EAD clock by calling case information hot line, maybe this is global problem with all cases and maybe we can do something with that. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I want to describe situaton about my asylum case and maybe this happening not only with me. I applied asylum on 04.04.2018, interviewed on 08.05.2018 and got decision about refferal to court on 22.05.2018 (after 14 days as usual). Till this point everything is ok, and the officer which gave me decision said that I can apply for EAD on 1 September, and reffering to court does not affect yor clock, I said ok, but beacuse of doubt I started to chek EAD clock and I wondered that clock is stoped on 48 days, exactly the decision day. I talked about it with my lawer and he said that it’s impossible and there some mistake with clock but we can do something only at master hearing. At master hearing the judge just said that clock will be continue from 48 day (I lost approximately 100 days and cant understand what is my fault). The lawyer says that nothing can be done about this, and I do not know how I should be, how to live without money in poverty until the end of the year. Another problem - clocks shows 48 days again despite the fact that master hearing was 10 days ago. If some body also filled after LIFO sistem and was reffered to court, I ask you just to chek EAD clock by calling case information hot line, maybe this is global problem with all cases and maybe we can do something with that. Thank you!
Calm down, at least you got something, people are waiting here 4 years already.
Lucky you to get decission in 14 days "as usuall".
14 days is not usual at all, i.m wayting for a year now.
Get a good lawyer and get a positive court decision.