went to interview and went real bad

I485_hell

Registered Users (C)
hi all
i have a question, i was sent the 601 waiver and my lawyer said it would be a good idea to get letters of refferal and of past employers stating how professional and a model person i am. showing the companies for whom ive worked for and also the congressperson (whom ive been incontact all through the case).

does anyone know what should this letters say?
what kind of letter are they?
where can i find examples??

thank you all!!
m

I485_hell said:
hi all
i have a question, i was sent the 601 waiver and my lawyer said it would be a good idea to get letters of refferal and of past employers stating how professional and a model person i am. showing the companies for whom ive worked for and also the congressperson (whom ive been incontact all through the case).

does anyone know what should this letters say?
what kind of letter are they?
where can i find examples??

thank you all!!
m
did you entered US illegally with fraud???
what are your case details??

you may fiid info go to the FORUMS on:
www.immigrate2us.net

I485_hell said:
hello all
yesterday was my interview for the green card in NYC and got the terrible news that because of leaving the US with an advance parole i had triggered a law from 1997 that puts me into an "overstayed visa" and not elegible for GC.
the story
got married in 1998 with a US resident. at the end of year my husband applied for the I130. I left the US in june 1999 (so i dont overstay on my tourist visa from nov98, but when coming in, the INS officer said not to leave until the case was solved).
In Aug 99 got the approval for the I130. After that i stayed in the US without applying for extension because i was told that my status was "pending" and my tourist visa was no good and i was legal as long as i had the I130 and had a pending case.
My husband filed in aug 2001 for his citizenship, but because sept 11, his application was delayed for 1 year. in March 2003 he was sworn in as a USC. in april he applied for the adjustment I485 and the I765 work permit for me. we received no news that this applications were received. but i went to 26 federal plaza and got my work permit and SSC. Then in feb 2005 i got the FP notice, did it, and in april 2005 got my interview notice letter.
My husband and me prepared all the docs, taxes, letters, pictures, lease, bank account... everything the list said and went to the interview. When we were called the officer started the interview
1. asked for ID
2. asked for passport and I94
3. asked me when was the last time i came in the US to stay
i said june 99
4. asked when did i travel out of US (had my passport)
i said i had asked for an advance parole 8 months after i applied for I485 and got the parole approved and so went to visit my family (that i had not seen in 5 years) in feb 04 ( couple of days due to work limitations) then in april04 (2 weeks) and then in xmas 04 (my family is in venezuela).
the he smiled and said that me leaving the US WITH an advance parole had trigger me to be ILEGAL from 99 to 2004. that i had overstayed my visa and told me i would be getting a 601 waiver (and that it was VERY difficult to apply and would need a lawyer) and that i was in deportation process. MY husband and i were baffled and did not know what to say, but when we said we had a I130 approval from 99 and that made me pending the officer just stood up and said "the interview is over" and went out of the room.
he didnot listen to anything else, looked at any other papers, letters, birth cert. (im british), achievement certificates, pictures.. nothing... the interview took 5 minutes and he didnt want to discuss anything else...
we thought this was a disgrace and my husband as a US citicen has rights...
but we dont know what to do... or how to get help for the 601 waiver..? anyone has experience with this???
all the HELP is very well appreciated!!!

thank you for your time
manu

that is my problem, i just want to know where can i find examples of this letters, or if there is a format to follow..?

I485_hell said:
that is my problem, i just want to know where can i find examples of this letters, or if there is a format to follow..?

Usually using advance Parole should not make you illegal. Was there any deportation proceeding? Waiver he is talking about might be hardship faced by the USC (i.e. your husband). You need to contact a good attorney. It is very important

I do know about 601, but would like to mention one thing. In my opinion, approval of 130 does not mean that your status is pending AOS. You become pending AOS when you apply 485. I may be wrong.