Welcome to the OCI Thread

Rahul Kumar

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Welcome to Overseas Citizenship of India. Please post all "dual" Citizenship related questions and discussions here

Rahul

Moving the Mega Thread here?

Will the mega thread on Dual Citizenship (OCI) be move here?

Thanks,
SV

sv2707 said:
Will the mega thread on Dual Citizenship (OCI) be move here?

Thanks,
SV
I have asked the webmaster to move the mega thread and one other thread (OCI related) that I found from the Citizenship forum to this forum. Don't know if and when she would do it.

What's up with OCI cell?

I applied 3 months back and no reply yet, they stopped picking up the phone and no response email. When I check on home affairs website and enter reference number, it says granted in March but have not received anything as yet , what's going on?

Our daughters OCI

We applied late January 06 for our daughters OCI (had earlier applied and gotten her PIO Card) and got intimation early April 06 that it was approved (you can also check status on Govt of India - MHA website). After which sent the US passport to the Indian Embassy who stamped the passport (with a U Visa) and mailed us the same along with the OCI Card (like a passport of 3-4 pages).
Total Cycle Time: 10-11 weeks.

Regarding residence permit in the OCI application form

Hi,

I have joined this forum today.
For persons who have acquired French citizenship while in India itself (by virtue of their parents/grand-parents being French Nationals), can they apply for OCI from India? In this case, the OCI appln form mentions something about procuring a residence permit. How can one obtain this?

Please let me know how I can find information on the same.

Thanks,
Aneeta.

OCI application

I am applying for an OCI for my daughter who is 3 months old.I have already registered PartA of the application online and have printed out Part B of the application.I have the following doubts regarding Part B.I tried calling 202-939-9860 but was not able to reach any one in the help line.

1) For item 22 i have mentioned the names of the applicant's (my daughter's) grand father and grand mother as the family members staying in India. Should i include myself and my wife in this list with our permanent addresses in India,since we are the parents. Currently we are residing in USA.

2) For item 24

a) i am just filling the portion which says **Application for Minor(s) & printing my signature (or should i place my daughter's thumb print like i do in the fist page signature

box) .Please confirm this is right.

b) I am leaving the portion which starts "I/We,....do solemnly..". Please confim that this is right.

3) How do i self attest the documents.

4) And i am adding the following documents as enclosures

a) My applicants's passport copy (2 copies)

b) Birth certificate (2 copies)

c) Passport copies of myself and my wife (2 copies)

d)OCI fee $275+$15 with self addressed envelop (what is the dimension for this envelop ?)

I would appreciate your help in clarifying these doubts.

OCI timeframe

Applied in April. Got acknowledgement May 18 but have not heard anything else since. Registration Status UnderProcess. Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED. Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED