"Welcome Notice" is not "Approval Notice" !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
USCIS California Service Center Issuing Erroneous AOS Approval Notices

Due to a computer systems error, USCIS California Service Center recently issued a number of notices erroneously informing Adjustment of Status applicants that their applications have been approved. The notices differ from true I-485 Application to Adjust Status approval notices in that they are labeled “Notice Type: Welcome Notice,” and do not provide the applicant instructions on ADIT processing. They may also be distinguished from actual I-485 approval notices by their text, “Welcome to the United States of America,” and a statement that a Permanent Resident Card will be received within three weeks.

We expect that more of these notices will be issued before the California Service Center is able to correct the computer system problem. Please be advised that receipt of one of these notices does not mean that the related I-485 application has been approved. Should you receive one of these notices, please contact our office so that we may follow up with the California Service Center and confirm that your I-485 is being processed normally. The California Service Center has assured our office that it will investigate each I-485 case on which one of these “Welcome Notices” has been issued.

© Jackson & Hertogs LLP, 2004.0702
(Originally posted by GanGC)

Last edited by a moderator:
it says that the application for AOS is approved.
it says n the addressed to that it's a courtesy copy and the original is sent to - your lawyers office normally-

it says to go to the local office and lists the address and opening hours and present your passport and 2 adit style pictures.

no where does it say welcome or congrats. but getting the approval is plenty, didn't really need the welcome message there .heh..

I received the Welcome notice also clearly says

This is to notify that your application for permanent residence has been approved.

The notice clearly says check all the information about name, A# no. everything is correct or not. if any mistakes they asks us to contact CSC immediately.

While submitting our I-485 ADIT photos are also submitted, They might have our fingerprints in the computer. Then why one should go for stamping. Ofcourse if one requires to out of country or for anyother purpose stamping may required.

The notice also clearly says we will receive our card in 3 weeks.

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com

They only posted this information.

is there any one with this kind of welcome notice tried to call INS office to check their status, or whether they received any e-mail from USCIS that their I-485 case is approved (or) their online status shows that their case is approved..

If one posts this information who received this kind of approval notice -then we can come to some conclusion.

In my case i have not received e-mail, I cannot check my status by phone or online because case is not found......?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting

Well looks like sekkie and your approval notice do not match. Have you gotten you stamping done? Received card? I am seeing a lot of cases with email approvals/online status update. They have not received their approval notices so not sure if anyone can corroborate this.

Anyone????

Is there anyone kind enough to type the entire context of the approval notices that they receive? So when a person gets a copy of this letter we would know whether it is the bogus approval letter or the real approval letter? Further it is better to compare these letters if they are typed in toto instead of getting the synopsis of it.

Thanks.

WAC022055****
ND JUNE 7 2002 RD JUNE 11, 2002
1st FP 7/24/02
2nd FP 6/9/04
3 EADS & 2 APs
Used AC21 2x.

I got this "Welcome to U.S" letter by mail on sat... i thought it was all over...
It does say that my application for perm residence has been approved. We will soon mail you a new Perm Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks.

Cassidy..

One more thing...did you get an email from CSC that you were approved? Provided you are enrolled in the emailing option ofcourse. Thanks

Let me summarize

So far people with W notices have not gotten their website status updated or email from the CSC (maybe since cassidy was not enrolled). Have there been other cases with no updates from the CSC website, no email from CSC but have still received their plastic. So maybe when this week other mails start coming in, we will know more about it.

This could be a whole lot of speculation, but gotta say, the torture is huge. CSC can never beat it's own record of being slow(er) or pathetic.

I am really amazed by these INS people. They put a system on without testing it first. I start imagine that one day my bank may send me a notice saying I am a billionaire or bankrupted. we do not need go to six flages to enjoy roller coaster, this green card thing is more dramatics than anything!

rcen said:
I am really amazed by these INS people. They put a system on without testing it first. I start imagine that one day my bank may send me a notice saying I am a billionaire or bankrupted. we do not need go to six flages to enjoy roller coaster, this green card thing is more dramatics than anything!

Guess USCIS should outsource the work to India may be

hi everyone

I talked to my lawyer this morning, he said he is aware of this. CSC is sending wrong type of notices Instead of sending NORMAL 485-approval notice. But actully their 485 applications are approved.

This morning i went to LA office to get my passport stamped with my approval letter: Welcome Notice. (Ofcourse through infopass)

The whole process took about 1 and 1/2 hour (including waiting time). Actual stamping process took about 15 minutes. Everything was normal.

So u guys not to worry about this Welcome notices.

All the best to every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.