Welcome Notice and Approval Notice?

Mentos

Registered Users (C)
I received Two Welcome Notice from NSC (hope they will send me 2 Green Card also lol). One I received on July 28th and another one Aug 1st. And here is my new USCIS updated information
------------------------------------------------
This case has been approved. On August 1, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.
My question is did they send Approval notice after Welcome notice or it’s same letter?
And how long usually take to get GC after Welcome Notice?
Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentos said:
I received Two Welcome Notice from NSC (hope they will send me 2 Green Card also lol). One I received on July 28th and another one Aug 1st. And here is my new USCIS updated information
This case has been approved. On August 1, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.
My question is did they send Approval notice after Welcome notice or it’s same letter?
Good luck to everyone.

I got my G/C at the same day that I got my "welcome notice". I almost threw it away as a Credit card's invitation letter. you will get it anytime.

Mentos said:
Good luck to everyone.

Mentos: One thing especial about this notice is the last line where it says, "To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours." You get to talk to Immigration Information Officer when you are greencard holder. If you are not a greencard hold, they normally say speak to our customer service.....

Congratulations Mentos; Start counting your days towards citizenship and stay out of trouble that may jeapordize you elligibility for citizenship...

cody2 said:
I got my G/C at the same day that I got my "welcome notice". I almost threw it away as a Credit card's invitation letter. you will get it anytime.

Do not threw anything away. Any document from the USCIS is a legal document and service for one purpose or another. Keep all of your documents in especial file....

Thanks Faysal, Cdoy2 and KaLpsiz. I know any kind of document from USCIS is very important. I am thinking to keep my entire Immigration document in locker. Good luck to you guys also.