Weird Situation

Master077

Hi everyone

I have a weird situation. My son was born in Bolivia he has permanent Residency with US. He is not my biological son but my name is on his birth certificate. His mom is a second generation us citizenship she was born in Bolivia. They would not give him naturalization at birth because I would fail the dna test and his mom only lived in the USA for less then three years and because she is second generation American. My sons has been living in the USA for alittle over 5 years. How should I go about getting him USA citizenship? He is 9.

Hi everyone

I have a weird situation. My son was born in Bolivia he has permanent Residency with US. He is not my biological son but my name is on his birth certificate. His mom is a second generation us citizenship she was born in Bolivia. They would not give him naturalization at birth because I would fail the dna test and his mom only lived in the USA for less then three years and because she is second generation American. My sons has been living in the USA for alittle over 5 years. How should I go about getting him USA citizenship? He is 9.

What status is he currently on in the US - valid green card? Is he living with his USC mother there? Or with you & if so what status are you on?
Also why do you think they would want a dna test if you are named as father on the birth certificate?

What status is he currently on in the US - valid green card? Is he living with his USC mother there? Or with you & if so what status are you on?
Also why do you think they would want a dna test if you are named as father on the birth certificate?
Hi,
He is living with his mother in he USA . He has a permanent residence. They wanted a dna test because we got married after he was conceived but before he was born. We got married and he was born in Bolivia

Hi,
He is living with his mother in he USA . He has a permanent residence. They wanted a dna test because we got married after he was conceived but before he was born. We got married and he was born in Bolivia
If he has permanent residence and he is living with his US citizen mother in the US then he is already a citizen through INA320, and has been one ever since he had a green card and lived with her in the US. She just needs to apply for a passport and/or certificate of citizenship for him. See the section “Children of U.S. Citizens Residing in the United States” in https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents