Weird Situation _2 Simultaneous Cases

INSTANT

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an old Political Asylum case at Rosedale, NY, since 1991.
In 2003 I wrote a letter to Rosedale to close the Asylum case, but there was no answer from them.
In the meanwhile I have another ongoing Employment based I485 (since 2002).
NY-USCIS couldn't process the Employment I485 because of my other case, so they ssent the I485 also to Rosedale, NY-Asylum Office.
Although I went to Rosedale several times, I couldn't get them to close my Asylum File and send the Employment I485 file back to NY (Fed Plaza).
This is a strange case, since my Employment case cannot be processed because of my previous asylum case. Any advice?

What I think is

you really need an attorney. My asylum case was approved but it was pending for a while without any letter after I moved from NYC to LA. The best thing for you to do is to look for free legal advice. there are a lot of instituitions who can help and have volunteers lawyers, or if you can afford great, hire an attorney. Don't try to do all your things through this forum; even though people here seem to know a lot ( and they do) an immigration attorney will guide you better.
Good luck!