Weird Experience: Fingerprint refused at Alexandria, VA office

Cpage

Registered Users (C)
We were schedule at 10 am today to do Fingerprint-2 at Alexandria, VA office.
We did the FP1 at March this year.

The office is busier than last time we came. Obviously, there are many cases like us. The woman (CSI employee) was not very happy about this, saying they are doing more work than they are supposed to. She took our FP notices and went in to her office to check the system. Then she came out saying we don't need to do Fingerprint since FP is valid for 15 months (as many people mentioned it on this forum). I asked if we can get the notice back. She said they will send the notices back, and also proved that we actually went to the office today.

The woman said people should ignore FP notice if it is less than 15 months from the earlier one. I am thinking probably no one (at least me) wants to take the risk. I remember the notice does say something like if you ignore it, you are considered giving up the application?

But Cpage, did not you say you were approved on sep20 and are waiting for dependent's approval?

why did you go for FP2 if you are already approved?
my advice is don't mess with USCIS if you don't have to.

wait for a week or so, your spouse's approval should also come.
and forget about FP2. Since you are approved, it does not have
any meaning for you at least.

Thanks. KATVAR

I didn't think I want to mess wit them at all. ;)

I did tell them my case got approved online, and want to see if they can verify that.
They didn't even listen, but seem to only focus on the 15 month expiration of FP. Hopefully, my wife's case got approved soon.