Way to Check asylum decision online

lamomuji

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had my political asylum interview about a week ago. The officer asked me to come after two weeks for the decision.
I was wondering if there is a way to check the asylum status online in USCIS website by entering the receipt number?
I read somewhere that if the asylum is approved, it would show up online, if not, it will not show up.
Has anyone tried to check their decision online before the date they were asked to come to take the result?
Any lucks?

Hi,

I had my political asylum interview about a week ago. The officer asked me to come after two weeks for the decision.
I was wondering if there is a way to check the asylum status online in USCIS website by entering the receipt number?
I read somewhere that if the asylum is approved, it would show up online, if not, it will not show up.
Has anyone tried to check their decision online before the date they were asked to come to take the result?
Any lucks?

I think you need to put your receipt number which starts with "Z" in the USCIS website case status spot. If your case is approved it will show that your application for employment is in card production stage. If it doesn't show anything then it seems that your case hasn't been approved.

how was your interview?

I think you need to put your receipt number which starts with "Z" in the USCIS website case status spot. If your case is approved it will show that your application for employment is in card production stage. If it doesn't show anything then it seems that your case hasn't been approved.

how was your interview?

I thought the interview went well. When I put my receipt number which starts with "Z" in the USCIS website case status spot, it shows the following message.

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Does this mean my case has not been approved?

I thought the interview went well. When I put my receipt number which starts with "Z" in the USCIS website case status spot, it shows the following message.

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Does this mean my case has not been approved?

Are you in status or out of status? If you are in status then it could be approval or notice of intent to deny. If out of status then It will be Approval or Notice to Appear (Referral to court).

As you said you have 1 more week to wait until you go to pick up your decision. So hopefully by then the case status will change online. Or based on other folks experience in this forum, Asylum office can call you a day before your pick up date to wait for your decision by mail which may take longer than few months. So you can't tell anything yet. Just wait and hopefully it will be a good outcome.

Are you in status or out of status? If you are in status then it could be approval or notice of intent to deny. If out of status then It will be Approval or Notice to Appear (Referral to court).

As you said you have 1 more week to wait until you go to pick up your decision. So hopefully by then the case status will change online. Or based on other folks experience in this forum, Asylum office can call you a day before your pick up date to wait for your decision by mail which may take longer than few months. So you can't tell anything yet. Just wait and hopefully it will be a good outcome.

I'm in status. So, I guess it could be approval or notice of intent to deny. Fingers crossed.

I'm still a little confused. There isnot anywhere on USCIS website that says that we can check the status of asylum application online. Do you have any previous experience or know other folks experience in this forum that have checked the status online before the decision date and actually got the result (approved/denied) before they were asked to come to pick up their asylum decision after two weeks of interview date?

If people could check their case status online, why would there be no information about it on the USCIS website?

I'm in status. So, I guess it could be approval or notice of intent to deny. Fingers crossed.

I'm still a little confused. There isnot anywhere on USCIS website that says that we can check the status of asylum application online. Do you have any previous experience or know other folks experience in this forum that have checked the status online before the decision date and actually got the result (approved/denied) before they were asked to come to pick up their asylum decision after two weeks of interview date?

If people could check their case status online, why would there be no information about it on the USCIS website?

It is been 9 months that i am waiting for a decision, and USCIS shows nothing. I called their service center and they said that asylum cases are not showing anything unless approved in the USCIS website.

I don't know anybody in your situation, honestly there is no formula and standard about outcomes. there are some folks who gets approved in 2 weeks , other gets denied in two weeks or you will have to wait forever and get approved or denied. So you just have to be patient. The good thing is that you will pick up your decision in 2 weeks either good or bad. but there are folks who have to wait months to years to get that decision.
It really sucks! But we can't control.

It is been 9 months that i am waiting for a decision, and USCIS shows nothing. I called their service center and they said that asylum cases are not showing anything unless approved in the USCIS website.

I don't know anybody in your situation, honestly there is no formula and standard about outcomes. there are some folks who gets approved in 2 weeks , other gets denied in two weeks or you will have to wait forever and get approved or denied. So you just have to be patient. The good thing is that you will pick up your decision in 2 weeks either good or bad. but there are folks who have to wait months to years to get that decision.
It really sucks! But we can't control.

Thanks for the replies. Hope you get your decision soon and hopefully a positive one.

Thanks for the replies. Hope you get your decision soon and hopefully a positive one.

I just wanted to update this thread with the following info:

I got my asylum approved. :)
But there was nothing on the online till I physically picked up the decision from the asylum office.
So the conclusion is YOU CANNOT CHECK YOUR ASYLUM STATUS ONLINE through USCIS website.
The status only shows up after you physically pick up the decision from the asylum office and your application for work authorization is auto send to the required department.

Hope this helps to anyone who is wondering about checking the decision online.

Good Luck.

I just wanted to update this thread with the following info:

I got my asylum approved. :)
But there was nothing on the online till I physically picked up the decision from the asylum office.
So the conclusion is YOU CANNOT CHECK YOUR ASYLUM STATUS ONLINE through USCIS website.
The status only shows up after you physically pick up the decision from the asylum office and your application for work authorization is auto send to the required department.

Hope this helps to anyone who is wondering about checking the decision online.

Good Luck.

Congratulations! Oh boy you are so lucky! Only 2 weeks is so good. If you don't mind sharing which AO office was this?
Enjoy your stress-free life now on.

Got Asylum. What NEXT ?

Congratulations! Oh boy you are so lucky! Only 2 weeks is so good. If you don't mind sharing which AO office was this?
Enjoy your stress-free life now on.

It was San Francisco.

Do you, or anyone here knows what should I do next? They said while I went to pick my decision that I can apply for GC in 1 year. I don't know anything about it. Is there a post about this somewhere in this forum? Any help will be greatly appreciated.