Washington DC passport agency appointment

ksam

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Does washington dc passport office issue the passport on the same day if I make an appointment? Did anyone get their possport via appointment at this office? please reply with your experiences.

Thanks

You might try to post this question in the naturlization forum. Questions this specific usually don't have answers as it is not likely you'll find someone with the specific experience you demand. On the other hand, you could try to answer your question by a proof by contradiction. If all passport agencies process same day passports and the Washington office is a passport agency, if it couldn't do same day passports it wouldn't be a passport agency, so as it is a passport agency it must do same day passports. Of course all my logic is silly ;) However, it is most likely that you can do an appointment and a same day passport if you can show proof of impending trip.

Hello all,

Does washington dc passport office issue the passport on the same day if I make an appointment? Did anyone get their possport via appointment at this office? please reply with your experiences.

Thanks

I don't know about Washington, but myself and several of my colleagues had to deal with the Chicago passport agency. There they do not always provide same passport issuance and some people get their passports the next day and some others get their passports two days after the appointment. It all seems to depend on how far from the appointment date the travel date is. I was told that if the travel date is more than a week but less than two weeks from appointment days, the passport is ready two business days after the appointment. For people with less that a week to their travel date, either same day or next day service is provided. In my case I had an appointment on Friday and my ticket was for the following Monday (in 3 days from the appointment) and I got my passport on the appointment date. But two of my colleagues had to wait two business days for their passports.

I am not sure if the Washington passport agency uses the same method as the Chicago one, but if they do, then the actual travel date you put in your passport application is important and will make a difference on how quickly the passport will be ready.

I don't know about Washington, but myself and several of my colleagues had to deal with the Chicago passport agency. There they do not always provide same passport issuance and some people get their passports the next day and some others get their passports two days after the appointment. It all seems to depend on how far from the appointment date the travel date is. I was told that if the travel date is more than a week but less than two weeks from appointment days, the passport is ready two business days after the appointment. For people with less that a week to their travel date, either same day or next day service is provided. In my case I had an appointment on Friday and my ticket was for the following Monday (in 3 days from the appointment) and I got my passport on the appointment date. But two of my colleagues had to wait two business days for their passports.

I am not sure if the Washington passport agency uses the same method as the Chicago one, but if they do, then the actual travel date you put in your passport application is important and will make a difference on how quickly the passport will be ready.
Thanks for the reply. I have an appointment on 06/26 (travel date is 06/29) for DC office could not get any earlier date ... looks like they are very busy. Now I am thinking whether to go or just apply expedited at a post office ...

I am perplexed to learn that Atlanta does not have passport office (may be state dept does not like Georgia) on the other hand every damn city in north east has an office ... being in such a big city and not to have that office is a huge inconvenience :(

I don't think you have enough days to get the passport from the post office with expedited processing. I would go to your appointment and plead your case to have the passport done the same day if you're traveling from afar to the passport office. I don't know if it will work, I haven't tried that myself.

Good luck.

I don't think you have enough days to get the passport from the post office with expedited processing. I would go to your appointment and plead your case to have the passport done the same day if you're traveling from afar to the passport office. I don't know if it will work, I haven't tried that myself.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.

My travel got delayed ... so I just applied at a post office regular service ... lets see how that goes ... got a little nervous handing over the original NC to postal employee (since its hard to replace it if lost) but I guess everyone goes through that

Yes, everyone goes through that. I still haven't heard of someone not getting the certificate back. I very much doubt you're going to be the first one ;)

if you need a passport in 24 hours there are many services that can help you out with that no matter where you live.

i've used uspassportnow.com and had success.

just a thought :cool: