Washington DC office Stamping Experience with effective use of INFOPASS

dependent

Registered Users (C)
Washington DC office Stamping Experience with effective use of INFOPASS

Hello Everyone,

I thought this would help someone who are still little dark about infopass....
Ins office in Washington DC (Fairfax drive) is not allowing anyone without info Pass appointment.
So don't just rush there just visit http://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php and register your self and have your appointment.
Little tricky one is you need to have separate appointment for Wife and Husband (Yes 2 you will not be allowed if you had just one appointment for both of you)....

With Info Pass appointment@10:10, I entered into INS office around(9:45) I was asked to sit before being called as I was 20 minutes early. exactly 10:05 the Representative called me around 10:05 and allotted me token to visit 2 floor,
Right On 10:10 Immigration officer called me and I gave all listed documents (2 FOTOS EAD CARD, AP AND APPROVAL NOTICE)
He complied his paper work and Had my Index finger print and signature and Put the Most Famous RED stamp (temp GC) on my passport and Handed over to me saying you will be receiving 10 year GREEN CARD in next 8-10 weeks..

By 10:20 I was out of INS office, this is really nice exp we don't have to wait in those long frustrating QUEUES anymore...

So People make use of INFOPASS this is really nice
http://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.ph

Thanks Again to this Great FORUM which is a real boon to immigration Community, I want to Thank all my VA Labor Forum folks who helped me to clear my worries and kept my hope alive.

Patience and Luck is the Key factor in Green card

Imp info:- Effective from Sept 1 New Photo styles side Pose is not acceptable it PASSPORT style photograph they are accepting so check with you Attorney or CIS website for New Photo Specs.. ( I gave Passport style Though I carried both styles)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.

Hey I have a simple question...
Can you travel to india on temp GC. I mean without getting Green Card.

Thanks,

PkDukhi said:
Congrats.

Hey I have a simple question...
Can you travel to india on temp GC. I mean without getting Green Card.

Thanks,

Sure you can. The moment you got that stamp, you BECAME a permanent resident.

dependent,
Did you pick this option to schedule the appoinment

You have received an approval letter or Form 1-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

Thanks

gc-VSC2002

I picked on my own..I received Approval notice it is not Local Office Instructions...
When I heard about INFO PASS I thought of using it instead of frustrating Long waiting queues

gc-VSC2002 said:
dependent,
Did you pick this option to schedule the appoinment

You have received an approval letter or Form 1-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

Thanks

Help on Confusion in Using InfoPass to Schedule Appointment

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and live within Washington DC regional office coverage area. My husband and my cases were just approved and ready to get our passports stamped.

Heard that we need to make an appointment at InfoPass in order to receive passport stamp, after giving our zip code, I saw following choices:

*) You need an immigration form.
*) You need to replace your Alien Resident Card.
*) You need to file an application for yourself or someone else.
*) You have a question about your case.
*) You wish to speak to an immigration officer.
*) It has been more than 90 days since you filed an I-765 and you did not receive an Employment Authorization Card.

None of which seems intuitive to me and I did not see the "You have received an approval letter or Form 1-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp." choice quoted above.

I just wonder if anyone here could let me know which other option I could choose to make an appointment or it does matter much. I called the National Service Center and was once advised to select "You wish to speak to an immigration officer" choice. However, when I selected it, I received a message saying "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Any suggestion please?

Secondly, does it imply that the physical green card cannot be ordered before approvee's passport gets stamped?

Many thanks.

teene
Your question has been discussed in other threads. Do a search with "Stamping", "Arlington", "Infopass".....

Can I book an appointment in Baltimore INS(my home zipcode belongs to Arlington INS) and go there for verifying my green card status(this is not for stamping. Haven't received the resident card yet after 485 approval).

Passport stamping. Infopass appt.

I have been trying to setup an appointment using Infopass for Passport stamping. No luck the last 2 days. I saw postings that people have been trying longer than that.

I choose 'You wish to speak to an immigration office' option. Can I use any option, make the appoitnemt? I think I might have better luck with some other option but wasn't if that would cause problems when I go for the stamping.

Any input please.

Usundare said:
I have been trying to setup an appointment using Infopass for Passport stamping. No luck the last 2 days. I saw postings that people have been trying longer than that.

I choose 'You wish to speak to an immigration office' option. Can I use any option, make the appoitnemt? I think I might have better luck with some other option but wasn't if that would cause problems when I go for the stamping.

Any input please.

no matter what option you chose, if they have open slots, only then the system will allow to make an appointment.
you wil just have to keep trying. i did the same thing and for me the best time that worked was around 2-6 in the afternoon

INFOPASS for DC

I finally was able to make an appointment. The 'approval' option is back so I chose that. The appt is for Dec 8th. According to the appt, i should go to USCIS office in Fairfax. Is this a new office. I tried searchign this forum to see if USCIS has moved the office from Arlington to Fairfax but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, will post my experience after my stamping. Still waiting for my husband's 485 approval.

Hi,

I got my 485 approval , and waiting to get the info pass appointment ... no luck for last 15 day .. i am still waiting. my zip come under Washington DC ...
i think this office is having some problems ... for last 15 days i have not seen any posting of appointment by this office ...
my question is , is it possible to go to different office for stamping?
Is there any body with the same problem ..(Washington office) ?
Thanks

I am trying for last 6 weeks. No Luck Yet :(

I am trying for last 6 weeks. No Luck Yet :( I go to infopass website every day at least 3 times (morning, afternoon and evening). I seriously believe that there is an issue with the DC office.

Hope we get the appointment some day!!

Thanks,
-M

lucky_one said:
Hi,

I got my 485 approval , and waiting to get the info pass appointment ... no luck for last 15 day .. i am still waiting. my zip come under Washington DC ...
i think this office is having some problems ... for last 15 days i have not seen any posting of appointment by this office ...
my question is , is it possible to go to different office for stamping?
Is there any body with the same problem ..(Washington office) ?
Thanks

mathapachchi said:
I am trying for last 6 weeks. No Luck Yet :( I go to infopass website every day at least 3 times (morning, afternoon and evening). I seriously believe that there is an issue with the DC office.

Hope we get the appointment some day!!

Thanks,
-M

Is there any chance that we go to Norflok office and get it stamped?

Will a "Speak with immigration official" type of appt work for getting the passport stamped? After 2 weeks of trying I was unable to get a stamping appt but got a general information appt for later this month.

I got it stamped in Norfolk.

I went to Norfolk this morning and got is stamped
without any issue . The whole process took less then 30 min.
But the drive was about 6 hours ... Still it is worth. instead of waiting for ever in Washington DC office.