Warning for those wanting to file I-485 in July

nelsona

Registered Users (C)
As you may be reading, there may be much controversy over I-485s filed in July, if USCIS decides to cut-off accepatnce earlier than July 31.

This could put TNers in a dire predicament, if they file in July, with the understanding that they will get EAD by October.

The unexpected cut-off, and the subsequent lawsuits, may put all July filings in limbo, which would be disastrous for any on TN.

You could see your self with a filed I-485 (thus making you ineligible for entry on, or renewal of TN), but with no EAD/AP while CIS sorts out their legal position.

Think twice about filing after the proposed new cut-off date of July 2!!

It's done all over for 2007

As you may be reading, there may be much controversy over I-485s filed in July, if USCIS decides to cut-off accepatnce earlier than July 31.

This could put TNers in a dire predicament, if they file in July, with the understanding that they will get EAD by October.

The unexpected cut-off, and the subsequent lawsuits, may put all July filings in limbo, which would be disastrous for any on TN.

You could see your self with a filed I-485 (thus making you ineligible for entry on, or renewal of TN), but with no EAD/AP while CIS sorts out their legal position.

Think twice about filing after the proposed new cut-off date of July 2!!
In fact, it is over for 2007. Announced today.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html