Wanting to move to Canada from US

FromUStoCanada

Hello all. :)

I am currently in a relationship with a Canadian citizen. I was born and live in the US but want to move to Canada to be with her. We've been in this relationship for less than one year. From what I've read, I think that disqualifies us from consideration in the "conjugal partner" or "common-law" relationship types. We have been seeing each other since November 2005 (met online) and have travelled back and forth from US to Canada each month.

My question is...should we even bother initiating the Canadian immigration application process until we've been "together" for 1 year? Can I simply "visit" there and live with her for now? If not, what is the process I need to go through to live with her in Canada. I've read a lot of sites, specifically the CIC website but can't find an answer to some simple questions. I just want to move to Canada and be with my girlfriend while we wait out the application process. Is that impossible or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Can I just cross the border and tell them I'm moving in with my g/f? LOL...sounds stupid probably but I really don't know. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any info...