Want to go for AOS

BladeRunner

Registered Users (C)
I had checked for CP when I filed for I-140. Now I want to go for AOS (I am still waiting for I-140 approval though).

1) What is that I need to do?
2) And does going for AOS means that the case will have to be transfered back to the Service Center from NVC? or can I stop the case being sent to NVC at all after SC approves I-140?

Please help,

Thank you for your time.

BladeRunner

i want to do the same

given the additional delays in CP and the current market conditions.....
now want to go for AOS...

from what i heard, we don\'t need to do anything and just go ahead and file I-485

Thanks vtg, I was wondering

if somehow we can stop the transfer of the case from Service senter to NVC that would be good (i.e. if that matters at all)

I will post here if I come to know more on this subject.

ok here is the latest finding !!

My lawyer says if we contact the Service Center before 140 is approved we can stop the transfer to NVC and that\'s what she is going to do now.

Why

there is absolutely no harm in letting the case go to NVC. It neither stops you from filing I-485 nor delays any filing. NVC will send you packet 3, and NVC does not do anything unless you return this packet back.

Pls provide more info

I have recently filed I-140 in EB2-RIR. I don\'t think, I have opted for CP (counsellor processing).

Could you pls provide more info about, what do AOS, NVC mean, what are you trying to achieve, what\'s the process & what are the options.

It will be of great help to all new-bees like me, please.

Thanks,