Want to do what i like the most

Monalisa22

Hi,

hi all,

I am mona. I am married and have my green card and I have a very good IT job. My job is very flexible and convineant but i am unable to give 100% to my job.I fell guilty that i am not working hard at the same time i am not very interested in doing this job. I am very much interested in ART. I am not sure what kind of opportunities are better suits me here in uSA. I dont want to leave my present job which gives me every thing i wants. at the same time i am not happy with that. If i think to work the same way for another 40 years it makes me cry. I want to do what i like most and waht i am passinate about. I like arts i want to do some things related to this like desiging, shopping, business, selling or some thing related to what i like. Can some one suggest me where to start and how to start?

for ex: I like jewellery, sarees,decorating the house,event planning , arranging for parties and stuff like that....i dont know what kind of opportunities are there for me here. Can some please help me where i can start these things....or if any one provide me some guidence or marketing/ job opportunity would be great help for me....

Unfortunately, few artists can make a living at it. I have a nearly 40 year old friend who has a degree in art and has had her own design business for over 15 years. She supplements her art income by working nearly full time as a grocery checker because it gives her the flexibility to schedule her time around her business.

I suspect you are working in IT for the green card and not because it was ever your passion. It is something I see more and more among young people. Whether you can pursue your dream full time depends on whether you have a family support system that will allow you to do so financially. Perhaps there is some way for you to work part time in IT and use the other time to work for an artist or to do your own work and setup your own business. Your local artists may give classes. Use that as an opportunity to network with them to see what opportunities might be available in your area. Network also with event planners etc. You may be able to turn your IT skills into an entry into that area.

You also sound depressed. I suggest that you speak with your physician and get a consultation with a psychologist and psychiatrist.

Best of luck in finding a way to have your dream!

Being an artist is very difficult in this economy. Being an artist has always been a struggling career path, so it may not be the most logical solution to quit your job to pursue art. However, there are other careers that are a little easier to get in to that are in the art industry. You can look in to working with art museums, which are in nearly every city across the country. You could get an entrepreneur certificate and sell your jewelry and things you make on the side of another IT job or an area with more stability and higher pay. Most of this depends on your credentials and background experience. Unfortunately, you won't get hired because you simply enjoy doing something.

Hi Monalisa, If you are not interested in your job, do you like me your job.. I have keen interest in IT jobs, I was IT officer in Multinational co. Have 3 years experience, I was working there as a supervisor of whole IT department, But due to some personal reason, I just leave that job.. Now I am searching for new job, If you agree to help me, then I'll send you my CV..!

this is my story ..i work hard physical jobs here in the US (have master degree in arts) ..moving furniture and stuff ..tried to get a job in some gallery at least as a cleaner but even that they won't give me ..coming to the US to land my "dream job" is turning into nightmare