Walking into INS office for Interim EAD & expired passport

Syrusss

Registered Users (C)
It has been over 90 days since I filed for my I-765 (EAD) and my I-485. I have received my receipts and completed the fingerprinting and biometrics. According to USCIS info I can now go to my local office to pickup an interim EAD card. They require you bring your passport. My current passport and visa have expired and I’m little fearful of walking into the office with it and causing more problems to myself. My I-94 has D/S (Duration of Status) on it. Does anyone know if an expired passport and also an expired visa poses a problem for requesting an interim employment authorization card in person? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Expired passport will be probably an issue. Do you have a valid driver's license? you can use it instead of the passport... also check with your embassy whether they can extend it for 6months.

good luck!

Coincidently I received an email update the same day I originally posted my question (03/06/006) stating that my I-765 has been approved and EAD card should be in the mail. As result I don’t have to go to the district office. I’m just waiting for the EAD to come thru in the mail any day.