Walkin at San Jose ASC

kandadude said:
Were you guys able to get thro the biom process at some ASC w/o an appt ?

I got my approval notice today and needless to say, it's the same format as a few of you guys have received over the past week. There's no code and no separate biom appt letter. I'm not sure if i should try walking in at SJ ASC tomorrow and try my luck.

Can you guys advise ?

Thanks!
-Kandadude.

Nope, I wasn't able to do BioM. successfully last Saturday at SJ ASC. Read
my posting in this thread about my experience. Yesterday I called 800 number
again and talked to an agent. Let me correct that, I talked to a surly agent.
His stance was they don't have any instruction about sending me another
Biometric letter (an exclusive Biometric letter) that ASC is asking. I told
him what do I do on the day of my appointment on 20th October. He said,
just take your confirmation number and appear there. OK, I said to myself
that I'll do that and won't budge unless they do it.

I spoke with my lawyer and per her advice made an INfopass appointment
at San Jose office (monterey road ..somewhere near downtown). I am
going there with pretext of stamping but like Sonpapdi, I am gonna try
conning them into taking my Biometric.

I suggest that if you work closeby SJ ASC (charcoat & N. First), just swing
by with your approval letter and tell them exactly the same story I told.
Ask to speak with their supervisor. More the people knock on their head,
fast these morons will wake up ! I'll let u know about my Infopass appointment after it is done.

outletvolt & sonpapdi

I'm slightly confused on what to do after reading some conflicting reports in one of the TSC threads (GC_soon's fundas). According to him and a supposed press release by the USCIS, there are 2 kinds of approval notices, and apparently the type which mentions the 1-800 # does NOT need the infopass appt for the stamping, and apparently if done so, there's a chance of the card being delayed and/or goofed up, 'coz of some sub-office interference. So most of the messages in that thread encourage only the ASC biom for this type of approval.

I know sonpapdi went ahead and got both done the same day. But i'm kinda not sure if an infopass is needed for stamping...i hope the latency of an infopass appt is small.

-Kandadude.

infopass appt

Aye guys, The infopass appt for the stamping specially mentions that "if the approval notice mentions about proceeding to a local office for passport stamping and alien card processing"....

Obviously, approval notice of our type doesn't mention this. Sonpapdi, did they ask you why you had come for stamping ?

-Kandadude.

kandadude said:
I'm slightly confused on what to do after reading some conflicting reports in one of the TSC threads (GC_soon's fundas). According to him and a supposed press release by the USCIS, there are 2 kinds of approval notices, and apparently the type which mentions the 1-800 # does NOT need the infopass appt for the stamping, and apparently if done so, there's a chance of the card being delayed and/or goofed up, 'coz of some sub-office interference. So most of the messages in that thread encourage only the ASC biom for this type of approval.

I know sonpapdi went ahead and got both done the same day. But i'm kinda not sure if an infopass is needed for stamping...i hope the latency of an infopass appt is small.

-Kandadude.

*phew* ... Can u please send me links to GC_soon's thread and possibly
to the USCIS's press release ? Anyhow, I am planning to go to the
infopass appointment and get temporary stamp I-551. It is a temporary
work permit evidence and useful for travel until my card arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Situation

Hi,

I am also in same situation like Outletvolt
I tried ASC san jose and they sent me back saying they need letter.

According to my lawyer I took InfoPass appointment for passport stamping.

Its very confusing

smk2004/kanda:: I had taken infopass appointment but after reading
experiences in Texas I decided not to be the first one to try this, so I
cancelled infopass appointment. I'll just wait for the Biometric date that
I got appointment for and appear on that day at the SJ ASC. In between
I *may* try walkin Biometric. Just to wake those people up.

1-800 for appt.

Aye guys, did you all have to go thro the long wait to speak to a cust service agent for getting the biom appt ?

the TSC thread had mentioned about a # option for getting the appt., but i didn't come across any...

I've been waiting for 20 mins already.

-Kandadude.

kandadude said:
smk2004, Did you have an actual appt on the day u were turned down or did you just try a walk-in ?

No I did not have appointment. I tried walk-in.
My ASC appointment is at end of OCT.

Now I am also thinking of cancelling InfoPass appoitment.

we walked in San Jose ASC today for biometrics.

Biometrics, Code 3. Our scheduled date is in Nov.

We went there around 12:30pm today. The guard just checked our appointment letter, driver license and then let us in. No one waits in the line. we finish everything within 20 minutes. Same as other people, we took:
right index fingerprint, 10 fingerprint, Photo and Electronic Signature.

Just checked online status, there is no LUD change yet.
Cross the fingers!

----------------------------------------
Here is the latest email we received from famous Mr. Williams as of 09/28/2005:
"This is to inform you that the I-485 in question is still pending. The reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting NAME CHECK results from the FBI. It may have been a long time since we sent the name, but USCIS has no control of the time it takes.USCIS also does not have dates as to when the Names were originally sent to the FBI, we can only confirm that they in fact were sent.
Please allow 120 days before additional inquiries. In the future we will not be addressing weekly inquiries.
Please Note: If the principal is not adjudicated then the derivatives will NOT be adjudicated.

We apologize for any and all inconvenience this may cause.

Thank You
James A Williams
--------------------

your case is different coz u actually have a biometrics appt letter. So regardless of the date, they let u in. In our cases, we just have the approval notice and no appt. letter. We're just being given a confirmn # for the appt.

My lawyer insisted to take infopass and go for I-551 stamping. I got it stamped without any hiccup today at CIS office at Monterey Road. The only advantage I can see is that this is like a temporary Green card on your passport, which is valid for one year so you can travel around until you get the actual card come on mail. They took away my notice of approval, EAD and I-94. Does any body see any issue? Any comments?

My appointment for Bio is on Nov 19th and I assume that will actually trigger to order the card.

Just for Info, Officer was completely ignorant about new bio process and he took 2 pics from me and took finger printing using old fashioned ink pad and said card will follow soon. No new LUD yet.

Lingeron:

Seems to me like you went for I-551 stamping and did Biometric as well.

So do you think that your 19th November appointment is kind of redundant ?

Good luck.

OV

outletvolt1 said:
Lingeron:

Seems to me like you went for I-551 stamping and did Biometric as well.

So do you think that your 19th November appointment is kind of redundant ?

Good luck.

OV

In my opinion both the process (old and new) are same. If you go to CIS office then they do the same thing in a old fashioned way like taking FP using ink pad and you have to provide 2 pp size pictures and they will take your two signatures on paper. In addition to this they will stamp your passport I-551 (saying temporary permanent residence), which is valid for one year.

In the new process they do the same thing at ASC but on digital media and without stamping passport. I am still planning to go to ASC on Nov 19 for digital Bio. Since I may be going on vacation in next 2 months, I preferred PP stamping way so that I can freely travel around. I guess as soon as your I-485 approved your EAD and AP become null and void (perhaps that is why they reject all your pending EAD and AP applications along with I-485 approvals) so this is the only way left if you really want to make International travel.

Bio after I-485 Approval

I received my I-485 Approval Notice last week with AD 9/29. The notice asked me to set up an appt for Bio with the 1-800 customer service #. did the same and got the appt for Nov 15,2005 for San Jose ASC. To-day I thought, I'll make a try as a walk-in. To my surprise, No issues and I finished my BIO to-day.

southwycke

EB2 INDIA CSC
PD 1/2002
Labor AD 5/2004
I140/I485 RD 7/2004
I140 AD 2/2005
I485 AD 9/29/2005 asking me to fix appt for BIO

I485- Approval notice

I485- Approval notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,

can you please advise on my case.

EB3 RIR
Labour applied - 02/28/2002
Priority date - 03/05/2002
lab appro - 10/04/2004
I140 RD - 01/03/2005
I485 RD - 01/03/2005
I140 & I485 approved date is 10/12/2005

But the online status just changed to approved to I140 and I485 still remains the same.

I got the Biometrics appt on November 23rd at SAnjose ASC.

Is my I485 really got approved or I have to wait till my visa numbers are avialble.(My PD is 03/05/2002 and EB3).Is it correct.Please advise guys.

Thanks in advance for all your help.