waiver pending at USCIS

entangled11

I wanted to apply for Green card. However since I was on J1-visa (with 2 year home residency requirement), I couldn't apply. Accordingly I initiated J1-waiver application in January 2015, and it is in process now. It has been approved by Dept of State, but the USCIS response is pending. My current status expires on 13th Oct, and so my employer will file for H1 visa this week. And as I understand this, I am allowed to stay in the country till I receive the response: approval/decline of J1-waiver and/or H1-visa. My concern is, I don't know how long will this take, and it would be painful to sit and wait without a job to pay for my expenses. Should I instead request premium processing for H1 and get the acceptance or rejection right away? Or does that increase the chances of getting a rejection? I would like to consult you regarding this. Please write me as soon as you can at the address above, or let me know if I can call you.

Hi all,

I have received my recommendation from DOS on Oct 21, 2015.

Today Jan 13, 2015 I called USCIS (I have called in the past several times) and they told me I don't appear in their system. i am really worry that my documents got lost when DOS send them.

What would it be your advice? I have contacted DOS already and asked them if they can re-send them to USCIS. I am so exhausted of waiting and worry that I am waiting for nothing since I am not in USCIS system after almost 3 months.

Thanks,

Lili

I wanted to apply for Green card. However since I was on J1-visa (with 2 year home residency requirement), I couldn't apply. Accordingly I initiated J1-waiver application in January 2015, and it is in process now. It has been approved by Dept of State, but the USCIS response is pending. My current status expires on 13th Oct, and so my employer will file for H1 visa this week. And as I understand this, I am allowed to stay in the country till I receive the response: approval/decline of J1-waiver and/or H1-visa. My concern is, I don't know how long will this take, and it would be painful to sit and wait without a job to pay for my expenses. Should I instead request premium processing for H1 and get the acceptance or rejection right away? Or does that increase the chances of getting a rejection? I would like to consult you regarding this. Please write me as soon as you can at the address above, or let me know if I can call you.

Hi,

I hope you had a positive response from your H1B. did you receive your response from USCIS and how long did it take in your case?

Thanks,

Liliana