Waive HRR after change of citizenship

Eco

HI, I have a question on J1 HRR. Several years ago, I came to US on J1 for Masters sponsored by Singapore. The J1 visa states that I am subjected to HRR to China (my home country at that point). After my Masters degree, I went back to Singapore and took up its citizenship. Then, I applied for F1 and came back to US for my PhD studies. I have graduated now (currently under OPT) and found a job where the company is willing to apply H1B for me. However, how do I waive HRR from the J1? I know that China wont issue a No Objection Statement for me, given that I am no longer a China citizen. Please help. Thank you!

No problems. You could satisfy 2-year requirements by spending 2 years in China or in Singapore, the country of your choice.

Thanks for replying! I would like to have HRR waived. My question is, where do I ask for NOS? I cannot go to Chinese embassy for this any more since I am no longer a Chinese citizen. I doubt Singapore embassy is responsible for this either, since the J1 visa is stamped on my Chinese passport and it is written clearly on the visa that HRR applies to China. Any idea?