Waiting for interview but NVC or Dhaka US consulate didn’t inform anything

Sonet.faisal2

How long does it take the NVC to send the file to the embassy? I am from California, USA but would like to hear about Your thoughts.

I am a citizen and i applied for my wife. On 25th of May, 2019 I got an email from NVC stating that NVC has received all the requested documentation for the visa case and all are accepted and completed and the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas. In the email and in the embassy's website it was mentioned that most interviews are held within 3 months of NVC's receipt of all requested documents. It has been 3 months since NVC received all of my documents, but I still haven't got an immigrant visa interview appointment.

The priority date of the case is current. Status of the case on NVC is showing that the case is still at NVC. I called NVC twice, they told me to wait, they acknowledged that still NVC has the case because local consulate didn’t schedule the appointment yet.
I asked to make sure, is anything due or doable from my side, they said no. Already 3 months, any idea-experience about this type of issue? what should I do? should I contact with Dhaka US embassy? How? NVC? What to ask ?
Suggestion please...

The file transfer from NVC to an Embassy depends on several factors, the embassy's workload being the most influential. The 3 months is a guideline, and things occasionally slide past that if the interview volume is high.

As an immediate relative of a US citizen, your wife doesn't have a wait for a visa number, therefore priority date is moot. She should get an appointment when the Dhaka embassy notifies NVC an interview slot is available. The file would be physically transferred to Dhaka thereafter.

How long does it take the NVC to send file to the embassy?
my wife is citizen, she applied for me. On 25th May, 2019 I got an email from NVC, that NVC has approved and completed the case and the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment at US embassy Dhaka Bangladesh. its been 4 months, i haven't hear anything from embassy yet. is there anyone who is waiting for interview from the same time frame?

How long does it take the NVC to send file to the embassy?
my wife is citizen, she applied for me. On 25th May, 2019 I got an email from NVC, that NVC has approved and completed the case and the applicant is in the queue awaiting an interview appointment at US embassy Dhaka Bangladesh. its been 4 months, i haven't hear anything from embassy yet. is there anyone who is waiting for interview from the same time frame?

Have your USC wife contact NVC to find out the status. NVC may or may not be helpful in providing a timeframe, but your wife could at least try.

Overall, everything with USCIS/NVC/Embassies used to take long. Now those same things are taking longer.

someone told me today If anyone has a joint sponsor, their case takes longer to get the interview date than who has only one sponsor? i mean if you have only sponsor, they will schedule the interview faster, is it correct ??
anyone has any idea about it ??

one of my friend’s wife got visa interview on oct but their case completed on June 28th. he is the only sponsor for his wife. but my wife got joint sponsor for me and my case completed on May 25th, I didn’t hear anything yet. So that friend told me, it happens sometimes because of joint sponsor