waiting for H1 extension for over 6 months

tweedybird

Registered Users (C)
My H1 extension was filled Nov, 20... and has not been approved yet. Since it has taken more than 6 months is there anything I could do about it?

Thanks for your help.

I dont know, since even lawyers who used to fax the service center and kind of force files to be open have to use the 1800 number.
You can call the 1800 number and ask them to initiate an inquiry. What does the online status say?

It says:

Your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on November 20, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

will an inquiry slow the process somehow?

Why TSC has to be so unefficient?!?!?:confused:

Regards.

did you check online or over phone?
If it is online, then they have probably sent you Request For Evidence, as it says "We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. ". I have filed for H1 extension on Jan 28 and it doesnt say like that at all (the above sentence is not there).
If you checked over phone, then i am not sure.

I checked it online... the receipt they are saying they sent it is the one saying they have received your aplication and that it should take 3-6 months. This message has been on for ages... what does your message say?

This is what mine says:
Your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received at this office on January 28, 2003. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Yours has extra sentence: 'We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. '

So its possible that they sent you something and inserted that sentence a week or two ago and you didnt notice it. Anyways, check with your lawyer or company to see if they got anything. Or call 1800 number for BCIS and talk to an immigration adviser/operator.

it is referring to the receipt notice. Different service centers have different wordings. So there is no RFE.
There is 5 more days to complete 180 days:) It generally goes 2 weeks beyond whatever it says. So hold tight before starting an inquiry...

oh well you are right... I had just thought about 6 months so from Nov,20th til 20 May but it is actually 175 days... Thanks for pointing this out...

actually it has 206 days... but i reckon since Im stuck with TSC the only thing I can do is waiting..waiting and waiting...:eek:

Mine is also filed with TSC. So I dont know how it is possible to use different content to inform the status. Moreover, online status check is probably common to all the service centers. So, if I were you, I would call the 1-800 number and find out if they sent anything at all. Since its more than 180 days, you should call anyway.