Waiting for Citizenship Interview at Charlotte, NC Office

wiseman367

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I am waiting for my citizenship interview at Charlotte, North Carolina District office. My information as follows.

P.D. = January 22, 2004
F.D = June 16, 2004
Interview =??

I came to know from FBI office that my finger print was cleared. Couple
of times, I called National Customer Service line, but they were not
at all useful because they do not have any update other than what is
available in INS web site.

Is there any way I can contact my district office or should I wait
more. Any suggestion, advice or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.. :)

Best way is to get an Infopass (if system is avail) or straightaway visit the local DO.

Check status of your namecheck

How do we check the status of fingerprinting? Also, how do we check the status of name check?

Please advise!

I'm in the same boat - haven't received my interview letter yet although my priority date is July 16, 2004 - the fingerprinting was done in Spetember.

Rahul,
Thank you so much for your reply. I do not have any experience with "Infopass". It is kind of whole day event for me if I plan to go my local INS office. Beside that, unfortunately I am not very hopeful about the level of
service and knowledge of INS officials.

I will be very much thankful if any one shares his/her experience about Infopass.

Last week, I have faxed to the FBI office inquiring the status of name check.
How long I have wait for the reply.. Any idea.

Rajatgupta75,

You can get finger print status by calling the number of FBI office listed in
Rahul's name check document. You should get the status instantly,
make sure you have Alien number handy before you call.

Thanks,

hi , wiseman i am also waiting from charlotte since my pd is march 2003.
No answer from ins officer at charlotte office. three times visited via info pass.

fp clear showing in the system !!! No answer from customer service center.

They just check your name appl # & other details ! Wrote to senator ! nothing materialised !!!!
I am waiting for my citizenship interview at Charlotte, North Carolina District office. My information as follows.

P.D. = January 22, 2004
F.D = June 16, 2004
Interview =??

Thanks in advance.. :)[/QUOTE]

amistry said:
hi , wiseman i am also waiting from charlotte since my pd is march 2003.
No answer from ins officer at charlotte office. three times visited via info pass.

fp clear showing in the system !!! No answer from customer service center.

They just check your name appl # & other details ! Wrote to senator ! nothing materialised !!!!

P.D. = January 22, 2004
F.D = June 16, 2004
Interview =??

Thanks in advance.. :)
[/QUOTE]

Amistry: In your message above, first you say your priority date is March 2003 and then later where you give your information, you mention PD = January 22, 2004?????

What's the discrepancy?

Hi wiseman367 and rajatgupta75 ,

Just wondering , Did you guys have any updates from INS regarding your interview ?

Thanks

I guess we're in the same boat. I am waiting on my interview letter at the charlotte office. My PD is April 2004, and my FP date was July 2004. Any telling on how long it usually takes at Charlotte? Anybody with a good experience example?

I am trying to beleive that they are ahead of the date they advertise on their website?!

No updates yet.

IP_everywhere & Jerry,

No updates on my case yet. I still haven't received an interview notice. The online message is the same as before: "It's taking us between 750 and 999 days to process this kind of case..."

I did however call the FBI and they confirmed that my fingerprinting results were returned to INS the same day my fingerprints were taken.

I scheduled a meeting at my local office for Jan. 6. Hopefully, they'll be able to tell me something - maybe give me an estimate on how long it will be before they send me an interview letter.

Jerry - do keep us posted on this thread if there are any updates on your case (since your PD is before mine).

Also, Jerry - what does your online case status say at the moment?

Thanks.

My online case check gives the same thing yours gives, " up to 999 days". Do you have to schedule an appointment to visit the local office? (I guess the Charlotte Office?, or do you just walk in? How do you schedule an appointment?)

Hi Jerry400, IP anywhere and Rajatgupta75:

Good news. :) I have received my interview letter, scheduled at first week of Feburary 2005. I am not sure whether my name check has been cleared or not. Good luck for every one who is waiting for the interview date.

Thanks..

congratulations wiseman367 and good luck at the interview!!! Atleaat now we know that they are taking around a year from N400 filing to the interview. Can you please post your experience at interview once you are done? , I think I read it somewhere in this forum that one can get his/her oath done on the same day, depending on the day and time of the interview.

Thanks

More...

Hi Wiseman367 - congratulations!

A few questions:

1. Could you please post the date on which you received your interview letter?
2. Also, can you please post your interview date?
3. Did you schedule any appointments with the Charlotte office to go and talk to an immigration lawyer about your case or did you simply be patient and wait it out until they sent you the letter on their own?
4. Is there a change in your LUD or status message on the online automated case status thingy on the INS website?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amistry: In your message above, first you say your priority date is March 2003 and then later where you give your information, you mention PD = January 22, 2004?????

What's the discrepancy?[/QUOTE]
yes rajatgupta75 it was discrepancy . My pd is 18th march 2003 & still waiting for interview at charlotte office !!!!!!!

Amestry, you might be called for an interview in a couple of months (according to timelines mentioned in this thread). Let us know once you get it. I am about a couple of weeks behind you.

Hi Rajatgupta75:

Thanks for your reply. Follwoing are the answers to your question.

1. Could you please post the date on which you received your interview letter?

3rd week of December 2004

2. Also, can you please post your interview date?

1st week of February 2005

3. Did you schedule any appointments with the Charlotte office to go and talk to an immigration lawyer about your case or did you simply be patient and wait it out until they sent you the letter on their own?

No. Only posted mails in this forum.

4. Is there a change in your LUD or status message on the online automated case status thingy on the INS website?

No change noticed. INS website is not useful to check status. :confused:

I hope this would be helpful to you..

Thanks..

Hi Rajatgupta75 ;
Just wondering that you had an appointment with Charlotte INS on January 6th. If its not too much trouble, could you please share your experiences with us in this regard.

Thanks

Hi ip_everywhere,

I cancelled my appointment at Charlotte - something came up. I'll try to reschedule for another day.

Can someone here tell me how long it takes in North Carolina from sending my N-400 off to be processed to completing the process including the interview..my green card expiry date is mid sep 2011 it is now Jan 2011. so I'm not sure whether to just renew my green card ($475), or take the chance of my citizenship($675) being processed before the expiry of my green card..any advice please...I couldn't work out how to post this as a New Question so that's why i'm asking here !! thanks

Can someone here tell me how long it takes in North Carolina from sending my N-400 off to be processed to completing the process including the interview..my green card expiry date is mid sep 2011 it is now Jan 2011. so I'm not sure whether to just renew my green card ($475), or take the chance of my citizenship($675) being processed before the expiry of my green card..any advice please...I couldn't work out how to post this as a New Question so that's why i'm asking here !! thanks

No need to renew GC before you apply for naturalization if there remain more than 6 months on your GC expiry date.

Processing is taking on average 5 months for N-400.