Wait for NSC's cruel joke before celebrating

max2k1

Registered Users (C)
Good that the dates are all current now .... DOS didn't screw us ...

But we have the big daddy of screw-ups - NSC waiting and smiling ....

They will now move back the 485 processing dates from 2006 to 2004 or even back .... that would be their excuse to not do anything.

Lets just hope this time around, NSC cleans up their act and starts approving cases (and please have some mercy and process the older cases before approving 2007 filings !!!)

Well it is only fair that they move the processing dates back otherwise they will start approving cases in no particular order including 2007 and 2006 RDs.

They should know demand by approved 140 in the system. What is there to see the demand in coming months except number of 1485 applications? There is a master plan to get money and doing all this. Who is losers and winners in this game.

This is absolutely depressing.

The nsc farmers will work at snails pace and give all the visa's to the 07 & 06 cases leaving behind the 01 & 02 cases.

The tsc cowboys will use all available visa's for 07 & 06 pds
all the 01 & 02 at nsc will be left sucking their thumb when they rettrogress by 6 years in sept.

m0f0s b&#@#

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am 100% sure there is big conspiracy theory about this being current. They are after our money and there is no other way to justify this. If they are so sure that so many visas are available then why did they not approve all 2001/02 yet?

What did change between June 1st and 15th for them to believe PD has to jump by another 4 yrs? Big BS if you ask me.

No doubt they are going to go back. But what about our hopes (2001/02 guys) in the meanwhile. Are they going to approve us at all?

Do not know how long we have to wait. What a mess with these Agencies. I would be happy at least if they follow the RD for approval. But we never know.

Cruel joke, indeed!

Yes, the PD becoming current seems like a pleasant surprise. I must admit the positive is that many will be able to apply their AOS applications. In addition, some who are stuck in retrogession may even see their approvals. However, the sinister plan os USCIS become clear once you read their explanation in the visa bulletien:

" E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008. "

So folks if you are smart enough you can figure out what an ingenious plan USICS has cooked up:
a) Hike up fees 2-3 times for all applications starting from July.
b) Make PD current, so thousands will be eligible to apply.
c) Have fun with the windfall of extra $$$
d) Move PD back to 2001-2002 in 2-3 months when most have applied (likely in Sept., 07).
e) Keep getting EAD/AP renewal fees from those "trapped" souls

So this looks like a well though out plan to get the immigrants money. Shame USCIS, shame DOS !! I am truelly amazed at how these people think. They think all immigrants are idiots or what ?? This looks like a case for lawsuit to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely Correct!!

Hey Serta2002,

Absolutely Correct. I was just telling the exact same thing to my wife this morning. I was also telling that, they might have seen their economy (from these GC fever people) trend in the last two years (which will obviously be not that great as it used to be prior to retrogession) and decided with this master plan.

Also, the increase in fee schedule is not just a coincidence. Right?

P.S. After making the PD's current, they aren't going to approve all the pending cases!!

conspiracy theory !!!!!!

Isnt it, USCIS Fee increase is effective from July 30th 2007 and not from July 1st as earlier posts mis-leading commnets. (well earlier posts mentioned only july not the actuall date)

Anyway , my point is if it is a conspiracy then USCIS would have kept july bulletin unchanged and then make all EB categories current in August bulletin when the FEEs would have already got increased on July 30th 2007, So who ever are ready to appply for I-485 can start applying from july 1st with OLD fees and have untill july 29th to be able to apply with OLD fees. And to get all the documents ready to file for I-485 shouldnt take more than a month (Like Immunization, paper work and all and today is june 14th so it is most likely that all most all who are waitng to file I-485 can do it before July 29th 2007)

The reason to see such a forward movement is fundamentally USCIS is screwed up in estimating the # of applicants (or demand), from Jan 2005 till now there were no I-485 applications(with exceptions) or drastically low number of applications because of retrogression. so right now they dont have many application(I-485s) and I know there are plenty of applications pending which are either stuck in name-check or some other scrutiny because of which they are plenty of application which can be adjudicated but stuck in that loophole.... So now as there are not many in-coming applications for I-485 they estimated that they can take many applications and once the flood gates are openned and I-485 appplications pour in they will re-estimate and close the flood gates in FY 2008.....its kind of non-linear mumble jumble with USCIS.....

Bottom line is USCIS did right thing to make current now rather than in august bulletin which would have caused all the I-485 applicants burden of FEE increase.

I am sure I will get some re-buttal , but thats my opinion.....

Yeah - USCIS is quite smart .....

the fee hike is effective 7/30 .... so most ppl would apply in July with the old fees ...
However... the old fees won't give you free EAD/AP ... so you start paying top dollar for EAD/AP after the first one (and about 4 or 5 is a given :D)

I would think they would pull back the dates in Aug so that most ppl are forced to apply when free EAD/APs are not yet there ...
Even otherwise, make money using the new fees.

Pure BS --- if they didn't have any demand for visa numbers, why not move the dates along 8 months back ???

GC_blackhole .... see my post above

Making ppl apply now ENSURES that USCIS will get a repeatable revenue stream (EAD/AP renewals)
The new fees INCLUDES EAD/AP fees - so there is no extra money down the road !!

Think about it ...

Isnt it, USCIS Fee increase is effective from July 30th 2007 and not from July 1st as earlier posts mis-leading commnets. (well earlier posts mentioned only july not the actuall date)

Anyway , my point is if it is a conspiracy then USCIS would have kept july bulletin unchanged and then make all EB categories current in August bulletin

Well, that would have made it too obvious, wouldn't it. USCIS is smart, they want us to think that the fee hike and the PD becoming current are not linked to each other. But, honestly, who would fall for that ? In any case, the motive will be clear soon. Lets see if the PD's go back, and people get caught up in endless EAD/AP renewals, or the PD's remain current and we see many approvals.

Pure BS --- if they didn't have any demand for visa numbers, why not move the dates along 8 months back ???

Excellent point. Why make the date current. Why not move them to end 2005or something? In addition the visa buleetein itself very clearly states

" This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases.."

Excellent point. Why make the date current. Why not move them to end 2005or something? In addition the visa buleetein itself very clearly states

" This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases.."
I think that's a backhanded way for DOS to take a swipe at USCIS' not doing a darn thing this whole year !!!! :D :D