wac02103 no 2nd FP, need advice what next

leeee

Registered Users (C)
I am wac02103 case, so far the case status is still the same:

On March 2002, we received your finger print....blah, blah

no 2nd FP, no RFE, nothing. Very straight forward case, no address change, no job change, no name change.

Have tried all I can think of:

attorney sent several inquiries (once a month);
elevated in CSC as 'problem case' because of inactivity;
sent emails, fax to CSC;
called emergency #;
seek help w/ local congressman, senator;
contact Ombudsman via web, who said CSC will respond in 45days (but NOT)

Nothing works, most of them went dead silent, the only kind of response I got is wait for 30 days, 60 days, then another 120 days,...etc for the 2nd finger-print schedule (no mention of name-check). But the problem is I could never get this FP for over 6 month now.

I am not in CA, company head-quarter based in CA, so the local congressman, senator do not seem to be much help besides sent 1 inquiry then went quite, and I don't think InfoPass applies to those outside of CA either.

Anyone has any ideas, suggestions what should I do? I am at the edge of totally give up on this, and start over file as family-based. This lengthy GC process has been too long counting from Labor, 6 years of one's short life! The thoughts of this may get approved anytime soon has kept me hoping/going/waiting. But come to face the reality, there is chance that this may never get processed, since we simply do not know what is wrong. It almost feels like someone somehow purposely determined to not let this go through.

If anyone else there whose case is as old as mine, and also waiting for 2nd FP, please share your experience. Any reasons, advice that I should not file family-based now (don't ask why I didn't go this way years ago)? that may take 1 year or so, but at least there is hope, maybe.

we were in the same boat as you till the first week of dec

I can imagine how frustrating it is to see that we are struggling to get fingerprint notice and people filed in Mar '04 already have approvals.

I really do not know what worked but we got fp notice with ND of 11/24.

The case is WAC-02-171 filed April 2002 and I did the following:

1. email/fax every 15 days to Div XII for almost 6 months after the JIT date crossed my ND.
2. 11/10 - Snail mail to CSC Director/Ombudsman - advised by a good lady on the 800 #
3. 11/11 - CSC Fingerprint Inquiry Form
4. 11/11 - California Service Center Level Two Inquiry

I did call the emergency # too but looks like even those guys do not give
correct info. I called the emergency # on 12/02 and they did not have a
clue that the fp was sent on Nov 24. We received the notice the day after.

FP done now ... and waiting ....

Good Luck...

Some trend

I have seen many of my friends who are based out of CA and got their approvals , even without RFE.Most of them 2003 and 2004 applicants.

If your residence is out of CSC area they seem to delay indefinately.

Its just my correlation ?

I am also outside CA area nd :NOV 21/2002 , still waiting ...

thanks garu1gsr, ideatoaction for your input.

my attorney said the "CSC Fingerprint Inquiry Form" no longer works as it did before, but they did it anyway several month ago. They have also did level two inquiry. Well, at least that's what they told me. I may go ahead do it myself as well.

CSC simply says mine was placed in queue waiting for FP schedule, and since this part is outside of CSC, they can not give any time frame. At first I thought this queue is huge, now I tend to believe instead of FIFO, it must be LIFO, else how to explain the later filer has no problem for FP?

leeee said:
I am wac02103 case, so far the case status is still the same:

On March 2002, we received your finger print....blah, blah

no 2nd FP, no RFE, nothing. Very straight forward case, no address change, no job change, no name change.

Have tried all I can think of:

attorney sent several inquiries (once a month);
elevated in CSC as 'problem case' because of inactivity;
sent emails, fax to CSC;
called emergency #;
seek help w/ local congressman, senator;
contact Ombudsman via web, who said CSC will respond in 45days (but NOT)

Nothing works, most of them went dead silent, the only kind of response I got is wait for 30 days, 60 days, then another 120 days,...etc for the 2nd finger-print schedule (no mention of name-check). But the problem is I could never get this FP for over 6 month now.

I am exactly in the same situation and almost at a point of giving up. I had tried each of the steps as you did. NOW WHAT ???

I am based in CA and at he same residence and job ever since I started the GC process (Labor - Mar 2001). I went thru' both senators and several enquiries thru' our lawyers and got the same response as you did (60 days, then 120 days). I followed up with regular faxes and in most cases got no response. Namecheck was cleared in early 2003.

Today I got an email from the Ombudsman's office (to an enquiry I had mailed in May 2004) - it says my case has been 'relocated' on June 26, '04 and CSC will notify me when a decision is made. Further queries may be made to that same 1800 number. I don't know what relocated means (relocated where ?) since the online status shows CSC received my case in Jun '04 though my FP1 was done in June2002.

Congradulations garu1gsr on your approval, I like to see the old filers get approved. Hope mine comes soon.

you might try this, i did and it might be coincidence, but i did get my 2nd fp notice. I phoned the 800 number and made an address change (to the same address) even though they insisted they had it right i made them re-enter it in the system.

My thoughts being that this might somehow bring my case up as some sort of activity. My fp notice was issued within one week.

Who knows it might be coincidence, maybe not. You have to force them to do this, it might pay to use your neighbours address if they won't change...just worth a try.

good luck

congrats garu1gsr, glad to hear you got approved, have to say it ticks me off to see people getting approved in 3, 4, 5, 6 months, good to see the old timers get their due

Keep doing what ur doing. Not sure how far the class action case (forum) filed against uscis may consider joining. Goodluck

This makes no sense people who filed this year are getting approvals while cases as old as 3 yrs are left behind. :mad:

I'm waiting for FP2 as well. I got this reply to my Division XII email
inquiry:

---
The applicants will be receiving an appointment notice for a fingerprint
within
the next 120 days, depending on the schedule for the applicant's particular
ASC.

If you have not received any notice regarding these cases after that time,
please contact the CSC via email at CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov or by fax at (949)
389-3486.

Thank you,
XXXX XXXX
Center Adjudications Officer
Congressional & Consumer Relations Division XII
California Service Center
---

Do I believe them? I was about to contact a local senator when this
came by, so I stalled on that. Has anyone got this email and actually
got the FP notice? Or has anyone got this type of email and didnt hear
from them thereafter?

TIA,
Oz

The 120 day wait is all bogus. They asked me to wait for 60 days first then 120 days. I believe on next inquiry they will say 240 days. I contacted my local senator regardless as it takes a few days for the senators office to process the mails etc. I was told that the senators office sent an inquiry and recieved a resonse same day that CSC will look into my case.
----------------
WAC-02-122 Wiating FP2

thanks

Oldtimers,
You guys could try contact your attorney and get the case to CSC liasion officer thru AILA...this worked for one of my friends.

2nd FP

Back to work today, got email from attorney, that they have got the 2nd FP notice, I have yet to recive it. Plan to go for early FP (scheduled for Feb).

My experience: nothing worked, attorney, congressman, senator,.... CSC works on its own pace, it took as long as they pleased, but eventually it still comes to an end, even 3 years late.

Agree with leeee - CSC has its own pace. Congressman, Senators, Ombudsman .... nothing had worked.

received my second FP last week - scheduled for Jan 4,2005. Did early FP on Nov 29 (San Jose ASC). The next phase of wait starts now.

March 2002 case (WAC-02-138).

leeee and east2west -

did you have on-line status change saying that FP2 sent to you, or at least LUD changed a few days before you got FP notice?

dima66a said:
leeee and east2west -

did you have on-line status change saying that FP2 sent to you, or at least LUD changed a few days before you got FP notice?

No online status change for me - no change in LUD either.

dima66a said:
leeee and east2west -

nothing changed. I guess this is because FP scheduling is not handled in CSC...

plan to go for early FP, any suggestions should I go early in the morning or lunch, afternoon?