VSC waiting for security check for 1.5 years, can anything be done?

Jinnah M

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My case was approved one year ago. RD 10/2001
My wife's case is still pending same exact dates.

My lawyer sent a written status inquiry to NSC 2 months ago and yesterday I got the reply that VSC "is waiting for security confirmation"

Can anything be done, like call FBI and ask them?
Call someone else in HSD and ask them where the paper work is?

Any other suggestions.
I am just afraid that FBI might have sent the status back, or they might never have received a request from VSC and VSC thinks FBI is blocking.

Any suggestions will help

We received a letter from MD senator office yesterday. It said the office just got the electronic response from VSC and saying: FP was cleared on 10/28/2003. They are doing name/birth place check¡_ should be hearing something in 30 to 60 more days.

Ask help from Senators/Congressman

First of all, keep in mind that whole system is collapsed, there is no discipline at all . They don't maintain FIFO. They do it randomly.

You can compare it like any other third world country system.

Nobody knows what's going on behind the doors.

And never trust on those employees who told you , "Be Patience"

As per my understanding FBI only does the FP checks.

Other checks like name etc may not be done by FBI but by other agencies.

So FBI may have sent the FP results but CIS may be waiting for other check results.

Please note that as per previous postings FP checks for most people have been cleared in approx. one week.

Other Checks like Name check are the cause of the delays.

Finally Wife got Approved

Hello everyone

Finally after 7 years its all over now.
My wife got approved yesterday about 17 months after I got approved.

I am positive Sending a fax to FBI for name check helped. Because they replied back with email that they had finished the name check that day.
After waiting for 2 years.

Details Below

Please keep hope and send a fax to FBI.
Many people have posted on this forum how to send fax to FBI but if you need more info let me know and I will tell you all I know

RD Oct 01
ND Nov 01
FP1 Jul 02 both of us
Primary (Me) approved Apr 03
Wife FP2 Nov 03
Sent Name check request fax to FBI Jun 25 2004
Got email from FBI saying name check completed on Aug 26 2004
Wife approved Sep 22, 2004

No RFE
Many EAD and AP in between

Good luck all

Congratulations on your spouse's approval. 17 months, wow, that must have been some wait. Well, take it easy now and have a ball tonight, and tomorrow and the day after.... !

Congratulations! Perhaps you can make that trip to Canada after all now without having to worry about anything. :)

Jinnah_M:

Yes, please let me know how to deal with FBI. My name check has been pending for 1 year and four months...:-(

Thanks a lot!

Jinnah M

Congrat. Good Patience.
Enjoy it.

My case just got approved 9/20/04. My wife's case is still pending.
I definitely hope we have better luck than waiting for 17 months.