VSC time line -N400 sent July 28, Nothing yet!

ny11023

Registered Users (C)
My app. went out on July 28, got return receipt from vsc dated received July 31. It's been over 6 weeks now. So far, nothing happened. My checks weren't even cashed. Is it normal? I wonder if it's because of the fee raise, that they are hit with an extremely high no. of apps.

My friend applied 6 months ago and got citizenship within about 3 months. Same vsc.

Anyone who's on the same boat as me? Please leave note. Thanks!

My parents are in the same boat. They received the return receipt from vsc on July 24th, checks cashed August 7th, but no notice of action yet. The tracking # written on the checks shows no status online.

It has to be because of the backlog. I hope things will get moving soon.

Thanks for replying me, Doug.

Well, at least your parents' checks got cashed. The fact that my checks weren't even cashed got me worried. I'm afraid that they might lose my entire application (even though I got the postal "return receipt").

I just called USCIS national service center. The waiting time for a live rep is so much better than a few years before when I was calling about my gc. But the rep told me to give "90 days" before calling to check. Same answer as some other people posted here.

Well, if they cashed my checks, I'd be a little at ease at this point. I'm accustomed to wait -who isn't, after going through the gc app.

So, anyone else who sent their app for weeks, but not got their checks cashed yet, at VSC?

You have company. My N400 application was received by VSC on 25th July 2007, cheque cashed Aug 3rd. But no receipt yet!

Also, notice that in the latest receipting time update on the USCIS website - there has been no progress at all on N400s in Vermont between Aug 31st and Sept 7th. I hope it's a typo.

Let's keep each other informed - since we seem to have all filed at VSC around the same time.

Cheers,

S.

I applied in JUNE. They are just getting to my fingerprinting this week.

Brian

You have company. My N400 application was received by VSC on 25th July 2007, cheque cashed Aug 3rd. But no receipt yet!

Also, notice that in the latest receipting time update on the USCIS website - there has been no progress at all on N400s in Vermont between Aug 31st and Sept 7th. I hope it's a typo.

Let's keep each other informed - since we seem to have all filed at VSC around the same time.

Cheers,

S.

I sent my application on July 27th and delivered on July 30th and still my check has not been cashed

My check has not yet been cashed either

Hi ny11023,

I sent my application from NYC on 7/27 and received the USPS return receipt dated "received 7/31." As of 9/10, my check has not been cashed. I was worried that they may reject my application due to some confusion about the postmark date. I used the automated service center at the post office that printed out the postage stamp with the date on it, but my package was not "stamped" with a postmark. I was wondering if they go through all the batches of apps first to eliminate those with postmark issues. If that is the case, I would presumably have heard from USCIS already with the rejection. I'd hate to wait 90 days only to find out that they rejected my application!

I also have a friend who applied earlier in the spring (May) and is just about finished the whole process in about 3 months (he has to re-schedule his oath ceremony). I had read that the reason why a lot of applications were processed quickly in the last 2 years is due to a grant that allowed USCIS to hire temps to expedite their processing efforts. I also read somewhere that that grant is due to expire (or already has) in September and has not been renewed by the congress. If this information is accurate, we may be hit with a double whammy between the reduction in USCIS personnel and the huge influx of applications received this summer.

Question re. USCIS timeline updates

could someone tell me where on the uscis website i could find the processing timeline updates? i thought it was under "press room" but there has not been any updates in september yet.

Umeboshi1,

Your info re expiring grant at USCIS was a helpful explanation of why.
And I mailed mine on 7/28, one day later than you did. I didn't notice whether there was postmark on my package, but I kept the receipts from p/o that is dated 7/28 mail date. I think they should go through the package carefully with the recently fee raise and all. I'm sure there are many apps that went in around the same time, just like the tax time.

"Glad" that I'm not the only one here, so to speak.

Patience, why do you think they will send back your app? Something wrong with it?

Does anyone know why the service centers seem to cash some checks quickly (even from applications received at the end of July, when there was a large spike in applications) and for others it takes weeks? Even though, by their own processing timelines, they are only now (in September) issuing NOAs for applications received in late July, some people's checks were cashed quickly. Did these people also receive a NOA or did this take several weeks to arrive? The whole system is strange, and you would think that they would try to cash all the checks as soon as they arrive, even if they cannot enter the case into the system right away but there doesn't seem to be a uniform approach that they use. Anybody know what's up with this?

same boat with you

my app went out on july 27 to vsc, check cashed on aug4, then nothing , no receipt, no FP notice untill now.

My app. went out on July 28, got return receipt from vsc dated received July 31. It's been over 6 weeks now. So far, nothing happened. My checks weren't even cashed. Is it normal? I wonder if it's because of the fee raise, that they are hit with an extremely high no. of apps.

My friend applied 6 months ago and got citizenship within about 3 months. Same vsc.

Anyone who's on the same boat as me? Please leave note. Thanks!