VSC approving 2003 cases regulary, when will NSC wake up ?

1. May be they were bizi watching their crops afterall they r farmers...
2. May be they were bizi watching "world series" baseball and now its over so they might start thinking about coming out of hang over and then do some work.
3. May be they just don't want to work...
4. May be they r "football" fans and o boy forget about ur cases now......

just trying to bring some humour on the table full of GC aspirants to cheer them up.... ;)

That's terrible.With the new twist with PD retrogressing, if these guys had a PD later than mine, I'm a poor loser. Because of these kinds of random approval rates across the different service centers it is a double play for us - not only it takes longer time at NSC but now our turn (visa number) might have gone to someone else who was behind us line.

That sucks. It is a never ending drama. I'm tired of this.

Mehmood

mxc said:
That's terrible.With the new twist with PD retrogressing, if these guys had a PD later than mine, I'm a poor loser. Because of these kinds of random approval rates across the different service centers it is a double play for us - not only it takes longer time at NSC but now our turn (visa number) might have gone to someone else who was behind us line.

That sucks. It is a never ending drama. I'm tired of this.

Mehmood

seems this is a very nice point to fight...

unitednations said:
Even though the vermont and texas people are getting 2003 cases approved; I've been tempered by the fact that many of their priority dates (labor date) is from 2001.

Mine is june 2002.

Even though their 140/485 was filed after our's they actually have been waiting longer then us from the beginning of the process.

That's why I haven't gotten too upset by it yet. :rolleyes:

Well you are right but whats the point to have RIR path and also Concurrent submission then???

Remember that labor certifcation for VSC states like NY,NJ,Ct take upto two years, while NSC state like IL, KS, IA, SD is usualy less than 6 months. Smart ones did their labor cert in mid-west states and filed 485 at VSC.

To UnitedNations and others

I dont think PD date theory is correct. My PD is Jul 3, 2001. My 485 is pending for more than 27 months. Recnetly I talked to some officers at local INS and they said that "We seriously doubt whether or not NSC is taking PD into consideration at the time of Processing 485"

What unitednations says could be a reasonable assumption. Again assumption is an assumption, there is no scientific validity (whoever said that getting a green card is science? It is just plain KARMA) with some exceptions.

Based on this assumption I would say I wouldn't feel that bad when these guys have had a bad time with Labor and it is now our turn. But what pisses me off, are the super lucky exceptions - who cares whether it pisses me off or not, right? I am just talking to myself. I am bored at work!

what I remenbered was that NSC wanted to approve all cases in 2002 first and then
2003, so it looks slowly, but VSC approval's date cross a large time period in 2002/2003.

Pd?

I filed my Labor in Feb. 2001. It approved 10 months later. What do you think about mine? What is my PD?

By the way:

I checked with FBI about our name check, here is what they told us:

FB1: Dec. 2002
My name check was completed in Sep. 2003.
and Sep. 2004 for my wife. (3 weeks after I inquired about our name checks).

I am from Iran and I guess they make some discriminations in processing cases based on the country of origin.

After you get your name check completed, there should not be any difference between applicants. But ????

According to their report, in 2003 they just adjudicated 511 Iranians which is almost equal to the number of people who won in the DV lottery.

We have some people in our company from other nations who had filed long after I had. But they have got their approvals already.

you figure out the rest!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
unitednations said:
There's inequities through the whole process as we are all aware.

I think uscis may be trying to even out the inequities by processing 485's that have earlier priority dates regardless of when 140/485 was filed.

Note: I have tried to test my theory by examining approvals from other service centers when members post their dates on approval. Most of the time the quick approvals do have earlier priority dates then our's (2001 or early 2002). The odd time someone has a priority date in late 2002.

You have to think that there has to be some coordination of all the service centers in how they are going to adjudicate cases. NSC may have slowed it down for us and they have internally justified it as that our priority dates are later then the other service centers.

Hi,unitednations,

The priority date you mentioned is the date when we file LC to State or when we file LC to Federal?

I filed my LC on June 30,2001 to Detroit and filed it to Chicago in Sept 2002. Which one should be my priority date?