Visitor Visas for Parents

Jakderipper

HI,

I came to this country on a B1 visa thru my employer and i got my h1 approval and am currently working with the same employer. I have my pay stubs and all legal docs required. But i dont have a VISA Stamped in my passport. Now i want to bring my mom/dad to the US for a short term. What all documents do i need to send them to get a visa? and Do youthink the consulate would be able to issue a VISA for such cases.

from a chat with sheela murthy
see ...http://www.murthy.com/visi_faq.html

Question 2. I have family members and friends who would like to
come and visit me. What procedures do I need to take care of to make this possible? Top

A person you are inviting to visit you from abroad can enter the U.S. on a B-2 visa (visitor for pleasure) by completing the documents requested by the U.S. consulate outside the U.S. As a general outline, the following should be sufficient for a B-2 visa, though consulates have broad discretion in approving or denying tourist visas:

1. Letter of employment from U.S. sponsor's employer stating the salary.

2. Letter from the Bank showing total deposits in bank accounts.

3. I-134 (Affidavit of Support), which you can obtain from your local INS office or INS forms line.

4. Sponsorship letter, stating that the sponsor will take care of the obligations of the visitor. It is advisable to get medical insurance, especially for elderly visitors.

5. Visa application and fee for each applicant at the U.S. Consulate.

6. MOST IMPORTANT : Proof of visitor's ties to his or her home country. This can include a job letter, evidence of home ownership, letters from family members and so forth.

Usually, when the U.S. consulate is aware that an adult U.S. citizen could file for his or her parents to obtain a Green Card, but has not done so, it may help to get the B-2 visitor visa.