Visitor visa

mdu123

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for tourist visa adjudication when we use Chennai TTS service. The website says 10 - 14 days. Does it take that long or its the maximum they say.

Thanks
mdu123

Yes, It was TTS Chennai. They dropped the applications on 3/23/2004 and the visa was issued on 3/26/2004. The Passports were received back on 3/29/2004.

mdu123 , sselva

Can anyone tell me what documents are required from parents side to submit thru drop box ( both over 60 ). They are retired.

This is urgent..... :)

Thanks

mdu123 , sselva, dmun

Can you please answer these questions for me:

1. Were both your parents above 60yrs of age?

2. My Dad's over 60ys but mom is in her fifties - can they apply through drop box?

3. There is a link on www.ttsvisas.com called "TTS Drop Box appointment" --- should we make an appointment for drop box too? or Can somebody walk-in to the Drop Box center and drop off the docs?

4. Did your parents submit ORIGINAL birth/marriage certificates in the drop box?

Thanks

Re: mdu123 , sselva, dmun

Originally posted by adusumillip

Ans: Yes, both are above 60.

2. My Dad's over 60ys but mom is in her fifties - can they apply through drop box?

Ans: If your mom is < 60 she is not eligible for drop box. Alternatively, both can apply for personal interview if your mom is not able attend the interview alone.

3. There is a link on www.ttsvisas.com called "TTS Drop Box appointment" --- should we make an appointment for drop box too? or Can somebody walk-in to the Drop Box center and drop off the docs?

Ans: Appoitment with TTS for drop box is not mandatory. You can still walk-in and handover the application.

4. Did your parents submit ORIGINAL birth/marriage certificates in the drop box?

Ans: No.They submiited only copies of all originals + Notorized personal affidavit. They did not submit even the copies of birth/marriage certificates as they never had them.

Thanks

To adusumillip

My parents submitted a notarized letter stating their marriage with their present photos affixed. They don't have a government issued marriage certificate. Sorry, I dont have the format of the letter. They did not submit their birth certificates, though.

Hope this helps
mdu123

To mdu123:

3. About birth and marriage certificates - I meant - did your parents submit your (Sponsor's) ORIGINAL birth/marriage certificates?

Thanks again.

Yes they are. So they both used drop box.

As selva has answered, one can apply using dropbox and the other personally, or both can go for a personal interview. The interview has to be scheduled, while for dropbox no appointment is needed. To be clear your mom cannot apply through dropbox.

3. About birth and marriage certificates - I meant - did your parents submit your (Sponsor's) ORIGINAL birth/marriage certificates?

My spouse is the sponsor. So I sent my birth certificate and our marriage certificate copies not originals. Only mumbai consulate requires original birth certificate, i think.

Hope this helps. Any doubts feel free to ask.

Good luck

mdu123

mdu123, sselva, adusumillip

Hi , i had a question ? Do we need to send two forms of affidavit for parents OR one should be fine.

Both my parents are retired, could this be a problem !! bcos they cannot show employment/income tax details etc..

Has anyone's parents got their visas if both are retired , and what questions were asked to them ( if any ) and what documents did they show to consulate ( apart from the general stuff like property/jewellery/fixed deposits , notary papers).

Could any one let me know soon as i am in the process of sending them the documents this week .

Thnaks

To dmun

Both my parents are retired too. They submitted their pension papers and also their current tax papers.

My parents used the dropbox service. Its a week now. No news yet. I 'll keep you posted.

Regarding the affidavit, I sent 2, one for each. Some websites do say one would do.

mdu123

dmun

I sent each of my parents separate a Affidavit of Support.

My dad is retired, my mom's a housewife. They haven't gone for visa yet.

adusumillip , mdu123

Thanks mdu123 and adusumillip

mdu123 --> Good luck , and let me know how it went at the consulate once they hear from them.

adusumillip --> when are they planning to apply...

My folks will be applying by this month ending.

Thanks

answer DS-156 Qs please

Hello,

My parents and in-laws are going for visitor visa. I have question reqarding DS-156 form.

we (me & my wife) both are on EAD/AP. My H1B expired (6 years). I did not apply for 7 th year extn.

Q37. Are Any of the following persons in the U.S., or Do They have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?

What would be my wife status to answer for the above Q37.

Q26. How long do you intend to stay in the U.S?

my father retd. govt employee
my in-law working govt employee

What would be the best period of time for both cases.

Please help me to fill the Form.

thanks
Br2004

Your parents and in-laws should enter yours and your wife's name and check Yes as you do reside in the US. You may not be a permanent resident or citizen but you live here. So check Yes. If they have other relatives here, put their names too.

As far as the period of stay is considered, the maximum length allowed is 6 months, better to fill that. Whatever you write in there is not going to affect the period here. The person who stamps their I-94 at the port of entry decides that.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

mdu123

Duration

Hi BR2004,

I agree with the all suggestions of mdu123, except for the duration of stay, which he says put for 6 months. I will strongly advice you to put the duration of stay, for less number of minths, say 2 months or so. This is so because your mom is still working and it is hard to justify 6 months leave. The consulate may ask why does your mom, working as a govt. employee, is taking 6 months leave ?

See the intention here is to prove that they will be visiting for a temporary duration, and they have every intention to come back. The job is a good reason to want to come back. But taking a six months lave from a job, may seem like she is not concerned about the job. Imagine yourself in their shows. When you go for a vacation/visit do you take 6 months leave, will any job allow 6 months leave ?

Even if you put 2 months, this will not affect the duration of there say in US. They can still come and stay for 6 monnths, as that duration is dependent on the duration put on their i-94 at POE. At this point your main concern should be of getting them a visa.

These are just my suggestions. It is upto you to decide what is best in your situation.

setra2002

sertra2002, adusumillip, mdu123

Hi guys ,

What do we fill for the below options on for I 134 ( affidavit )

If you are not a native born US citizen answer the following

1. US citizen thru naturalization , give certificate ot naturaliztion #
2. US citizen thru parents,marriage, give citizenship #
3. US citizen was derived thru someother other method
4. If a lawfully admitted permanent resident give "A" #

i know 1,2,3 does not apply to me , what is catching me is 4 , where i have applied for AOS (485 ) and pending.

Should i be filling in anything there OR just leave everything blank.

Also do i need to send EAD/AP/485 copies to them , i am still on H1 valid till Aug 2005.

Awaiting yr response..... Thanks