Visitor Visa Medical Insurance

shankyyy

Registered Users (C)
My parents are coming here during the summer, and I am looking for medical insurance but lot of them are quite expensive about $700 for six months (my folks are over 70 yrs). Anyone can provide tips on better and cheaper insurance? I am in OH.

And we aren't over 70 in the high cost group.

And the copays on our prescriptions increased to as much a s $250 per prescription per month ... I told my doctor that cheap drugs ($4 Walmart ones) were the preferred whenever possible.

OP, You are getting a bargain!!! QYB

My parents are coming here during the summer, and I am looking for medical insurance but lot of them are quite expensive about $700 for six months (my folks are over 70 yrs). Anyone can provide tips on better and cheaper insurance? I am in OH.
What is that insurance? Can you provide the info?

That is the best you can get and it will not cover any pre-existing conditions.

That is the worst part. Even after paying so much, pre-existing conditions will not be covered, which is what most older folks will require healt insurance for.

i haven't yet looked in greater detail so cannot comment on the copays,etc. but it appears that $700 is not uncommon.

i have looked at immihelp and path2usa sites and glanced through approximate rates. not yet looked into individual plans and coverage.

Before you pick one, also confirm the complete picture with regards to pre-exisitng conditions. You want to avoid the case where you pay premiums but get nothing covered in essense.

i have looked at immihelp and path2usa sites and glanced through approximate rates. not yet looked into individual plans and coverage.

I suggest that you visit http://www.insubuy.com/ Over there, you can get instant quotes for different plans from different companies, compare them side by side and make an instant purchase online. It has a wide selection of products available in the market.

Before you pick one, also confirm the complete picture with regards to pre-exisitng conditions. You want to avoid the case where you pay premiums but get nothing covered in essense.

Thx. That's the concerning aspect. Obviously, to get pre-existing covered would mean extremely huge premiums. Hopefully, there is a decent coverage

That is very high. My employment based health premium is $136 per month for myself and the spouse collectively.

That is of course not the real cost of your insurance. Obviously, your employer is paying the rest, most likely, 10 times more than what you are paying.

Cost per individual per group depends greatly on what the employer is able to negotiate. Our family policy is from a group with significantly older than norm population also considered high use. It is also small enough that catastrophic coverage of several individuals (transplants, cancer-especially treated at out of state facilities, etc) affects the cost more so than a much larger employee base. It has actually decreased in cost (7/8 years ago it was over $900/mo) since they changed carriers but the coverage is less (higher copays, deductables).

It will also change depending on the location and medical costs in that location. Policies that cover out of network at a reasonable copay are much more costly than those that provide only emergency out of network. If you travel, be sure to select good out of network coverage.

Some employers bundle short term disability with health care and that will make coverage more difficult to compare.

You have to have it, so you pay whatever it costs.