Visitor Visa for Parents

Meenu1212

Hello Everyone,

My parents had visitor visa from 2007 to 2017 but they never travelled. Their age is 71 years. They don't have any income and they live with my brother /his family in India. We are US green cardholders. I was planning to apply for their visitor visa and wanted to get your opinion on which option should we go with:

1. we are buying a house, should we show that we are calling them on house warming OR
2. I am pregnant and show that we are calling them for this reason

Also, would they qualify for drop box (due to their age) or they have to go for an interview, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

My parents had visitor visa from 2007 to 2017 but they never travelled. Their age is 71 years. They don't have any income and they live with my brother /his family in India. We are US green cardholders. I was planning to apply for their visitor visa and wanted to get your opinion on which option should we go with:

1. we are buying a house, should we show that we are calling them on house warming OR
2. I am pregnant and show that we are calling them for this reason

Also, would they qualify for drop box (due to their age) or they have to go for an interview, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Firstly, they will apply for visit visas, not you.
Secondly, they just need to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent in order to qualify. It is irrelevant whether you are buying a house or you are pregnant. With regards to drop box, if they meet the eligibility criteria for it, they should go that route. If the consulate wants to interview them, they will interview them.