Visitor Visa for Canada from Detroit Consulate

RoopSk

Hi,

I need to answers to few of my questions for application of Multiple entry Canadian Visitor Visa from Canadian Consulate in Detroit. I am Indian citizen in US on H1B visa and working.

First of all on the application form there is a section asking for names and addresses of persons you will be visiting in Canada. Now my question is should I provide the details of my relatives in canada or not? Also If I do provide these details should I need some kind of proof in order to show to the consulate that the names and addresses I have provided are my relatives living in canada.

What are the chances if I don't provide the names and addresses of the persons I will be visiting and say that I will be visiting Niagara falls of me getting the visa. And if I do provide the details will I have chances of getting the visa for longer duration or not.

I am pretty confused :confused: about this as some say that providing the information about relatives might give you edge in getting the visa for longer duration, well others say that it may also be a roadblock in getting the visa as the visa issuing officer may say that you will not return to US as you have relatives in Canada..

Please advise me how should I go about providing this information.

Also about the funds, how much funds are sufficient to be shown to the consulate officer for getting the visa issues and will the online bank statement suffice for this or not.

Thanks,
RoopSk.

Will you be visiting these relatives? Mention them only if that will be the case.

First of all on the application form there is a section asking for names and addresses of persons you will be visiting in Canada. Now my question is should I provide the details of my relatives in canada or not?