Visiting Sweden on RTD no GC

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Sweden this summer and had a few questions regarding transiting through France. I was able to get a GREAT deal on a flight to Stockholm via Paris. :) So here are my questions.

1. Am I going to undergo immigration in Paris? If so, do they accept RTD's? I do not have a GC.

2. Also, I will be getting a Swedish schengen visa since that's the country I'm going to be visiting mainly. I don't mind the rude French authorities as long as they let me through but are they going to give me hell for not having some type of French transit visa?

3. On my way back, I plan on having a 16 hour layover in Paris so I can swing by (and maybe on) the Eiffel Tower and see the Arc de Triomphe... I'm assuming there will no passport control/immigration since I'm flying from Stockholm to Paris. Correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Sweden this summer and had a few questions regarding transiting through France. I was able to get a GREAT deal on a flight to Stockholm via Paris. :) So here are my questions.

1. Am I going to undergo immigration in Paris? If so, do they accept RTD's? I do not have a GC.

2. Also, I will be getting a Swedish schengen visa since that's the country I'm going to be visiting mainly. I don't mind the rude French authorities as long as they let me through but are they going to give me hell for not having some type of French transit visa?

3. On my way back, I plan on having a 16 hour layover in Paris so I can swing by (and maybe on) the Eiffel Tower and see the Arc de Triomphe... I'm assuming there will no passport control/immigration since I'm flying from Stockholm to Paris. Correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sweden is part of schengen so no problems for you as long as you have a schengen visa. The officers in France are not rude at all. If you have a schengen visa, you don't need any other transit visa.

Sweden is part of schengen so no problems for you as long as you have a schengen visa. The officers in France are not rude at all. If you have a schengen visa, you don't need any other transit visa.

Thank you! I read somehwere on this Forum that the French gave people a hard time.... Thank you, wantmygcnow. :)

With a Swedish Schengen visa you're fine, AND you can visit Paris. You will go through immigration in Paris both times, and not in Stockholm at all.