Visiting Pakistan without the actual card-bit I-551 stamped on passport

dmamsa

Registered Users (C)
Hello all;

Wanted to find out about your experiences regarding visiting Pakistan (Karachi) with an I551 stamp.
I am still waiting for my actual \'card\', but I am planning a short trip to Karachi. My concern is the I551 stamp on the passport which kinda looks very primitive compared to an H1 visa. I am not sure how the immigration officials would react at the karachi Airport while coming back.

thank you

No Title

Hi,
I have not been to Pakistan for a while, so I can\'t answer that. From what I know is that the Immigration Officials should know what type of Visa you have.
But to be on the safe side and to make you feel more comfortable, I would wait until you get the actual card.

No Title

Most of the time its not a problem to travel on I-551 stamp as most of the countries specially European countries are already very familiar with that BUT while coming back the Pakistani Immigration might take sometime to recognise it so its all depends on the individual officer. I have seen people been questioned on US passport.

Goodluck

No Title

I just came back from Pakistan with my passport stamped I-551 stamp
Immigration officer showed it to his supervisor, who was familiar with the stamp. He asked me to show US State ID or driver license

That experience was at Lahore Airport

I hope it helps

take care

No Title

Thanks for sharing.

My card should be in the mail any day-hope to get it before I leave for Pakistan.

Thanks again