Visiting Canada & US stay

#1Chicago

Registered Users (C)
My uncle is in the US on B1/B2 Multiple VISA and was granted 6 months stay at the port of entry. He also holds a multiple entry visa to Canada obtained from overseas. My uncle wishes to visit Canada briefly but he fears that upon returning to the US, his 6 months of stay in the US will be revoked and then he will be under the mercy of the US Immigration officer to grant him another period of stay that could be as short as one month if any. Are these ligitmate fears or upon returning back to the US he will continue his 6 months of stay regardless? Your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

If he stays in Canada for less than 30 days, he does not need to turn in the I-94. When he returns to the USA he will get the during of time of the initail entry.

I travelled to Canada with my parents over the Christmas holidays. My parents are on B2..we didn't have any issues coming back

#1Chicago said:
My uncle is in the US on B1/B2 Multiple VISA and was granted 6 months stay at the port of entry. He also holds a multiple entry visa to Canada obtained from overseas. My uncle wishes to visit Canada briefly ..... Thanks.

Hi,

Could you please let me know what happened in your case.
See http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197220 for my issue. My Parents need new i94 by visiting cananda for 30+ days.