Visa Stamping Problem

callnishant

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

The stamped visa on my passport is F1. I graduated in March 2004 and from october this year I am on H1. But the new H1 visa is not stamped on my passport as I haven't visited India after getting the visa. I do have the new I-94 with H1 visa.

Now, my company wants me to go to London for a week in January. But, will I be able to re-enter the USA as the new visa is not stamped on my passport? Do I need to go from London to directly India for stamping or can I get it done in London itself?

I had an idea that for the first time stamping I will have to go to India , renewal stamping can be done in the USA.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

callnishant said:
Hi,

The stamped visa on my passport is F1. I graduated in March 2004 and from october this year I am on H1. But the new H1 visa is not stamped on my passport as I haven't visited India after getting the visa. I do have the new I-94 with H1 visa.

Now, my company wants me to go to London for a week in January. But, will I be able to re-enter the USA as the new visa is not stamped on my passport? Do I need to go from London to directly India for stamping or can I get it done in London itself?

I had an idea that for the first time stamping I will have to go to India , renewal stamping can be done in the USA.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

You cannot do Stamping in London, You will have to go to India for Stamping. Even Renewal stamping is not possible in USA anymore (as they need finger prints in Visa Now)