Visa Revalidation----

ldmello

Registered Users (C)
Please help me guys (Ginnu and Vault)

I have an expired H1 Visa on my passport Company A (expired on Dec 16, 2001). I got a F-1 approved petition. But when I went to have the F-1 stamped in May 2001, they asked me to go to my country (India) as they could not evaluate my documents. Although they did put a stamp saying "Application Received", the officer told me that they are not processing my application and I do not need to pay application fees when I apply again in India.

This is long and complicating... please bear with me.. So When I got my passport back, I noticed that they cancelled my H1-B visa " CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".

Now I have an Approved Petition I-797 from Company B, but no stamp on the passport.

So My Questions are

1) Am I eligible for Revalidation in St. Louis (Since the last Visa on my passport was an H1-B from Company A)

2) If I go to India am i eligible for the drop Box (Since my Prior H-1 and my B1/B2 was approved in Mumbai)

3) What are the chances of getting my Visa stamped in Canada? I do not have my degree that I started, I have 1 course remaining, which will get over only in August. then I will have a Transcript showing I completed all my courses.

The main reason is that My Canada Medicals expire on July 10, 2003. I am hoping my PR status does not come through till then, so I will do another Medical and that will give me time to get my Degree.

On the other hand If it comes through.. I will be stuck...As I have to Land and come back to the US.. Am I better off getting my H-1 Stamped in India?

Ohh... One more...

Since my prior H-1 is " Cancelled without Prejudice" will that make me ineligible for the drop box??? In Mumbai??

Guys , I know this is a lot... but any help and inputs will be really.. really appreciated.

Regards

Louie

Talk to an Attorney. Your's is a complicated issue. But here are my thoughts....

The Consular suspected something with your case (switching form H1 to F1

You will not be able to revalidate your visa from St. Louis, since your previous H1 was "Cancelled without Prejudice"

You have no option but to get your visa from India, and you will have to handover your passport with TTK services. Drop Box will not work.

One thing I can say is that Mumbai consulate is a little more relaxed than Chennai consulate :)

Good Luck!!