VISA processing changes in India

cool_doon_boy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you, (as you all might already know !!) what a sucker http://www.vfs-usa.co.in is they have picked up a s**thole bank to deposit VISA app fee and get an appoint. number. I mean use something like SBI which is in every nook and corner of country. do people applying for US VISA only come from/ live in delhi/bombay/calcutta/madras??? these suckers are the reason why India is still a poor country and will remain so. they just want to make things difficult for others and make more money.

wake up VFS-VISA (http://www.vfs-usa.co.in), wake from your slumber, you dumbo make it easy for people.

Boooo http://www.vfs-usa.co.in

bye,
CDB

What on earth is going on?

I am totally flummoxed by all these new visa processing rules. I had been checking ttsvisas.com web site for appointment availability and now I come to know that there is another web site that would do this!! Why don't they just remove the links then to avoid confusion? :confused:

Here is the real kicker:

How am I supposed to make an appointment now? I live in U.S. and am planning to go to India in December this year. Step 1 at the vfs web site asks one to go to a designated HDFC bank and get a receipt. How can I do that sitting here?

Anyone can help me with that?

Dr Anupam
Its no fun to get an appointment. I did it yesterday. You need to ask somebody in India to deposit money for you but do send them or fax them the first page of your passport. In addition fax them the page with the address as well. I guess its page 2 if passport is issued in India. After payment they can call you and give your receipt no. After 2 days go online and fill all the forms. Have all your papers with you while you fill the forms. Then they will assign you the day and time. Right now only jan and feb dates are available. If you have any emergency situation you can get earlier date.

Good luck!

Dr.Anupam said:
I am totally flummoxed by all these new visa processing rules. I had been checking ttsvisas.com web site for appointment availability and now I come to know that there is another web site that would do this!! Why don't they just remove the links then to avoid confusion? :confused:

Here is the real kicker:

How am I supposed to make an appointment now? I live in U.S. and am planning to go to India in December this year. Step 1 at the vfs web site asks one to go to a designated HDFC bank and get a receipt. How can I do that sitting here?

Anyone can help me with that?

Emergency situation

EB1UB said:
Dr Anupam
Its no fun to get an appointment. I did it yesterday. You need to ask somebody in India to deposit money for you but do send them or fax them the first page of your passport. In addition fax them the page with the address as well. I guess its page 2 if passport is issued in India. After payment they can call you and give your receipt no. After 2 days go online and fill all the forms. Have all your papers with you while you fill the forms. Then they will assign you the day and time. Right now only jan and feb dates are available. If you have any emergency situation you can get earlier date.

Good luck!

Hi EB1UB

What could be the emergency situation?

Please let me know How do i get the emergency appointment.

Thanks.

go to www.vfs-us.co.in site and check for current dates. follow the directions and you will find the requirements for emergency. I checked it today and there is only one day :( difference in Nov.

GC_MARATHAN said:
Hi EB1UB

What could be the emergency situation?

Please let me know How do i get the emergency appointment.

Thanks.

Does new procedure impact the already booked appointment at US Consulate in India?

We booked appointment for dec 2005(1st week) in July 2005.Does the new procedure for taking visa appointment impact/effect our existing appointment date?Anybody experienced this recently?
I sent an email to US consulate and they replied asking me to visit new website to get the info.
If I pay,will they retain my existing appointment date or assign me new date.
Its really frustrating.Day by day they are making our lives difficult and creating more tensions. :mad: