VISA pending under section 221(g)

kamatsumits

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was having L1 VISA interview with US consulate on 19th oct 2010. After interview they have kept it in pending status under section 221(g), and handed over green letter specifying as below,

Dear Visa applicant,

Your application for a nonimmigrant visa has been placed in pending status. Per section 221(g) of the U.S. immigration and nationality act, further documentation is needed before we can make a final determination in your case.

---and they have asked for some documents like resume/CV, position, purpose, funding etc.

---can anyone tell me why this has happened so and how long will it take to complete this?

Your file was not complete.

There is no way to know how long it will take or the outcome.

If your employer and position is legitimate and properly meet the requirements of the program, you should just be patient.

US visa pending

Do I need to appear for the interview again or there is some other way, like I will need to submit my passport to VFS office, like that? Anyone has experienced the same situation?

Please reply...

Regards,
Sumit

They want to know a little bit more

It sounds like they just want to know a little bit more about your position in the US. The non-US branch of your company should be able to verify whatever information you provide to them, so you should be OK.

Thanks...

I have submitted all the documents to US consulate as specified but haven't got any reply yet..I am just worried it should not take very long..

Why are you so anxious? You have a job; concentrate on doing it and be patient. If you are this upset over these delays, you are in for a very stressful time once you get to the US.

CHILL

Thanks a lot...
but my manager there is in hurry as its already delayed..
Anyways I dont have any other option rather than waiting... I hope I will get reply as earliest