Visa on "Humanitarian" Grounds

bashar82

Registered Users (C)
I sponsored my father for an immigrant visa last year. He case is currently awaiting further "administrative" processing.
Unfortunately, my sister is very ill in the US and is scheduled for surgery. My father would like to visit her. With his immigrant visa application pending, I know it's going to be hard to obtain a short-term visitor's visa. But we are hoping to get it on "humanitarian" grounds.
We don't have any immediate family in Bangladesh, so that will work against my father. He does have a trading business with substantial revenue and property in Bangladesh and would probably be the only significant close-ties to Bangladesh.
Anyone have any advice on how to proceed as this is not a normal visitor's visa application?
Thanks in advance

It should be normal visitor visa. (There is no such thing as humanitarian visa unless you can not get visitor visa for some reason).
You probably should get the letter from doctor and show it at the US consulate with visitor visa application.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a normal visitor's visa. However, since he has a pending immigrant visa application it will be hard to prove that he doesn't have an intention to immigrate while on this trip. In order to bypass that requirement, I am hoping that we can do it on humanitarian reasons.