visa number over?

appan

Registered Users (C)
I attended the interview in chennai consulate 21 st of this month and visa officer told me they will send the passport in 3 work days... Now i contacted the embassy and they said I will recevie the passport next july.. I am thinking that visa is exhausted for this fisical year.. Any one attended the interview recently?

I thought the VISA numbers are allocated to CP cases as soon as FORMs 230 are reviewd by NVC (even before sending the case to the Consulate). Am I wrong?
And FY ends on Sep 30th of the year. Are you getting the Passport in July (a week from now) or next July (2008)?!?!?!?!

this is weird

I had an interview on 5th June in Mumbai and reached the US on 9th June. Not sure what you mean next July??

If they say approved the Green Card is done...

kp14

I attended the interview in chennai consulate 21 st of this month and visa officer told me they will send the passport in 3 work days... Now i contacted the embassy and they said I will recevie the passport next july.. I am thinking that visa is exhausted for this fisical year.. Any one attended the interview recently?

The visa numbers are current as of July 2007. Either way, they will not hold on to your passport for a year!

did't like your opinion

Appan, You are an old memeber here and don't expect this kind of posting/rumor from from you. You finished your interview, so don't take the dreams of people who are waiting for interview. If you don't know about thing, then ask members or consulate before putting these words in the thread.

I hope you meant you will get ypur passport this July, not next year july. and it is absolyely normal that they give your passport couple days or weeks later as they be overloaded or may be performing NAME CHECK on your case before stamping IV.

-vmn

Appan, You are an old memeber here and don't expect this kind of posting/rumor from from you. You finished your interview, so don't take the dreams of people who are waiting for interview. If you don't know about thing, then ask members or consulate before putting these words in the thread.

I hope you meant you will get ypur passport this July, not next year july. and it is absolyely normal that they give your passport couple days or weeks later as they be overloaded or may be performing NAME CHECK on your case before stamping IV.

-vmn

Vamish, I will stop posting my opinion /rumor ... Please see this thread below too..I said this july 2007...

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=254368&page=2

Last edited by a moderator:
Appan, any updates

Appan, Did you make sure it is not name check or security clearance? I have heard they perform it on every cadidate appear for CP.

-vmn

Appan, Did you make sure it is not name check or security clearance? I have heard they perform it on every cadidate appear for CP.
Not received the passport so far.. May be they are doing the name check

-vmn

thanks

My friend had interview(PD-8/29/2002 EB3-Mumbai-CP 6/22/2007) and was handed over 221(g) asking for additional documnets to submitt.

My friend is waiting to get additional required doc mentioned in 221(G) and company said it would take them more than a month...He's expecting that in Aug. Now when he submitts required 221(g) and since VISA no.s are over...will he have to wait again...or he is already assigned VISA no. when he appeared for CP interview in Mumbai.

Also, Does he need to send his passport with 221(g)? 221(g) did not mention anything about sending the passport. Will he have to again go to Mumbai for interview or will they ask him to just send the passport? He was already finger printed and signed DS 230 -II on 6/22/2007. If anyone knows any details or insight on this....PLEASE let me know.

My friend had interview(PD-8/29/2002 EB3-Mumbai-CP 6/22/2007) and was handed over 221(g) asking for additional documnets to submitt.

My friend is waiting to get additional required doc mentioned in 221(G) and company said it would take them more than a month...He's expecting that in Aug. Now when he submitts required 221(g) and since VISA no.s are over...will he have to wait again...or he is already assigned VISA no. when he appeared for CP interview in Mumbai.

Also, Does he need to send his passport with 221(g)? 221(g) did not mention anything about sending the passport. Will he have to again go to Mumbai for interview or will they ask him to just send the passport? He was already finger printed and signed DS 230 -II on 6/22/2007. If anyone knows any details or insight on this....PLEASE let me know.

Bapunagar,

Whether consular officer handed over over 221(g) asking for additional documnets during the time of interview? Did they hand over the passport at the interview day?

Last edited by a moderator:
To Bapunagar

What additional doc they requested? please share. I think they may keep a hold on visa number if it is not a very important doc and once he produce that, then they will issue visa. I am sure they have enough visa number to keep the PD current at least up to August end.

-vmn

Finally got the passports

Today i received the passports
My interview was on july 21
and the visa was issued on 28 th..

Got passport today.

Appan. congrats

Happy that you are out of wait and mess, so I believe they have plenty of VISA number to donate us. I am sure your was either name check and internal admin processing at consulate level.

I appreciate if you could share what docs you have handed over to VFS and if there was any doc asked during interview. Also little details of your interview.

Have have great life in US and congrats again for getting out of H1B slavery.

Thanks

-vman
Today i received the passports
My interview was on july 21
and the visa was issued on 28 th..

Got passport today.

vmanish,
I was reading your earlier post and you have interview on 24th July. Now as the rumor of retrogression kicking next week is killing everyone, have you heard anything back in us consulate , New Delhi? Please update as I am also scheduled for interview 2nd week of July and I am in US at the moment.I have to fly in couple of days and this new retrogression rumor is making me confused as I I don't have time to cancel my trip as nothing is sure at the moment? I was told if they retrogress again then all the interview willl be cancelled so please find out at the consulate and update if u can.
thanks in advance

Hi Sudmoni

Where did you hear this rumor that PD will go back eventhough they published visa bulletin that PD is current for all Jul month? Appan was in same confusion and he got the visa stamp and many are getting Immigrant visa. Once they publish the visa bulletin for July month then it is valid for entire July month and I don't think by any mean they can stop giving visa as they have already allocated the visas and scheduled our interview based on that. They haven't used any visa number before May, so they are having lot of quota available for this fiscal year, so don't worry you will get it. Be positive and enjoy you trip.

When and where is your interview?

-vmn

vmanish,
I was reading your earlier post and you have interview on 24th July. Now as the rumor of retrogression kicking next week is killing everyone, have you heard anything back in us consulate , New Delhi? Please update as I am also scheduled for interview 2nd week of July and I am in US at the moment.I have to fly in couple of days and this new retrogression rumor is making me confused as I I don't have time to cancel my trip as nothing is sure at the moment? I was told if they retrogress again then all the interview willl be cancelled so please find out at the consulate and update if u can.
thanks in advance

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind

STATE DEPARTMENT PULLS THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER GREEN CARD APPLICANTS

Where did you hear this rumor that PD will go back eventhough they published visa bulletin that PD is current for all Jul month? Appan was in same confusion and he got the visa stamp and many are getting Immigrant visa. Once they publish the visa bulletin for July month then it is valid for entire July month and I don't think by any mean they can stop giving visa as they have already allocated the visas and scheduled our interview based on that. They haven't used any visa number before May, so they are having lot of quota available for this fiscal year, so don't worry you will get it. Be positive and enjoy you trip.

-vmn

Appan,
Officer handed over the passport back along with 221(g).

Vmanish:
Additional Doc. is about requesting current payroll info. for US company(asking ss no. w2s...etc... I do not know why/how US company would reveal ss no/w2/salary paid to other employees etc...). And all these doc. need to be obtained by my friend from his US company and mail it to them via VFS. If any of you've any ideas how to tackle this, please share. I'm sure company would not reveal that info. about other employees salary/w2 info...etc. Can his company is US just submitt general payroll info. for whole company instead? This way they do not reveal individual salary/ss no./w2s..etc. Please help if any of you can.
Also...my friend has never visited US and 221(g) mentions about when he last visited US and how long he has stayed...his DS230 mentioned that he's married but then 221(g) also asks him the question if he's married and have children? They asked for original job offer letter...which they already have in the file as it was submitted with I140. They asked for employement letter which was just submitted to them(notorized..mentioning salary etc..) during CP interview itself....It's weird.... From the nature of some un relevant questions/doc...it seems like they handed him over standard 221(g) form and asked him to submitt all the info.(No....they did not tick on any specific questions). I'll keep you posted....and meanwhile if you can help..please reply to this thread.

hoping that yours words be true

-vmn

Vmanish,
hope your words be true my friend, but here the environment is full of news if u check the murthy site, aila site, oh law site they all are predicting the amended july bullettin by next week.
My interview will be in kathmandu/nepal. please try to find out there if any possible news at the consulate. kind of scary really.:confused:
thnaks