• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa approved but administrative processing

gideon1on1

Registered Users (C)
I appeared for the visa interview on Feb 18th at the Accra Consulate and was approved the visa..I checked my visa application status just this morning only to see this:

''Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.''

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Any idea what that means because I am confused?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it means they've decided to do some additional background check. But then again, I've also read on this forum that statuses change from ready to AP before being issued.

So, I think you should wait a few days (until the date you're supposed to pick up your passport) and see if the status changes. If it's still at AP in a few days, then I guess it's a real AP (as in, more background checking, which could take months).

I also appeared for the visa interview on Feb 18th at the Accra Consulate and was approved the visa..I checked my visa application status just this morning only to see this:

''Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.''

I wouldn't worry about it. AP is the default status on CEAC when they are working on your application, as they will be between your interview and the visa being produced (it will not change to "issued" until the visa is actually printed and in your passport).

I also appeared for the visa interview on Feb 18th at the Accra Consulate and was approved the visa..I checked my visa application status just this morning only to see this:

I believe you are going to collect you visas tomorrow ? So don't worry if there a real issue they would of contacted you directly...
Let us know of the outcome tomorrow thanks

hurray!!!! i just checked my visa application status and this time around i got this:

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted...

Thanks guys

hurray!!!! i just checked my visa application status and this time around i got this:

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted...

Thanks guys

:cool:

family travel

dear friend
i have included in the ds application that my family will travel to the states with me. so if i want to travel first as i am the principal applicant and my family to follow me later when i arrange an apartment there and other stuff, can i do that and what should i say in the interview in this regard.
regards,

dear friend
i have included in the ds application that my family will travel to the states with me. so if i want to travel first as i am the principal applicant and my family to follow me later when i arrange an apartment there and other stuff, can i do that and what should i say in the interview in this regard.
regards,

Absolutely yes, if you are the principal applicant.
But just make sure the rest of your familly must join you before their visas expires,...

dear friend
regards,

As the principal applicant, you can enter the US ahead of the rest of your family, and you do not need to give any explanation about that at the interview. The rest of your family however must also enter the US before the visas on their passports expire.

travel

As the principal applicant, you can enter the US ahead of the rest of your family, and you do not need to give any explanation about that at the interview. The rest of your family however must also enter the US before the visas on their passports expire.

thank you very much for your reply

Poe

thank you very much for your reply

dear friend

As far as the port of entry is concerned, I intend to to go and live in Boston, Mass but I want to take my first flight to Houston, Texas stay there for a week and then fly to boston and submit my immigration papers there. Can I do that or I have to go to boston first?
regards

That shouldn't be a problem. Your POE can be anywhere in the US, doesn't have to be where you plan on residing. If you enter the US from Houston, your immigration papers will be processed right there. You can go on to any city or any State of your preference after that.

dear friend

As far as the port of entry is concerned, I intend to to go and live in Boston, Mass but I want to take my first flight to Houston, Texas stay there for a week and then fly to boston and submit my immigration papers there. Can I do that or I have to go to boston first?
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
poe

That shouldn't be a problem. Your POE can be anywhere in the US, doesn't have to be where you plan on residing. If you enter the US from Houston, your immigration papers will be processed right there. You can go on to any city or any State of your preference after that.

dear Sm1smom,
I really appreciate your help, thank you and
best regards

My family and I are on a F3 visa we been in AP for almost three years
two years ago when we had our first interview in free town SL our case was put under AP we almost gave up hope until they called us a few weeks ago and said our case is approved we just needed to redo our medicals and submit a police clearance with ds form
and on our second interview on the 22nd of june 2014 they took our fingers prints and we took the oath and the consular said everything is set and sorry for the delay and also gave us a paper that says " dear applicant we are preparing you visa packet cone collect your passports July 3rd as in 10days but when we check the ceac it still says AP whats going on?
its been four days! and we are afraid they might have have us waiting again for a long time should we be worried? knowing that the consular told us to collect our visas on that day we are a family of 7