Very Urgent .................... Please help.

tomy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Am in the stage of applying for 485. My wife H4 got converted to H1 and she got her SSN. But she didn\'t work at all & thinking of reverting back to H4 before filing 485. So when filing 485 what no: should I give to her to fill up the form. Whether any formalities are there like I have to inform SSA after converting back to H4.

It\'s urgent please help.

Thanks,
Tomy

No.

Assume you apply EAD for both of you, then you both can work on EAD. SSA doesn\'t need to know so much.

No Title

First change your wife\'s status to H4 ASAP. she may be out of status if she changed to H1 and did not work. Take a good legal opinion. SSN is least of your worries.

Help

Hi john_doe_1,
Thanks for the reply.
So what should i write to fill up that column. ie should i give her TIN or SSN. Please post ur suggestion.

Thanks,
Tomy

HAD THE SAME SITUATION BUT

SEE I HAD THE SAME SITUATION MY WIFE CONVERTED FROM H-4 TO H-1 BUT NEVER WORKED AND NOW I WANTED TO FILE I-485 SO LET ME KNOW THE TIME FRAME AS I HAD TALK TO MY LAWYER AND HE SAID I AM FINE WITH HER AND SHE CAN ALSO FINE 485

urgent

Hi all
But the thing is that for my wife it\'s the eighth month in H1B. not started working yet. Don\'t know what to do. Because her employer didn\'t tell about the approval for a long time as the market is down. As i was about to file my H1 extension, i told my attorney all the details, then he is telling that she is in trouble. anyexperience like this before? Please share.
Thansk,
Tomy

Hi SonuGC,
If 6 months over on H1, it will be a problem. I am not sure about this.

No Title

If your priority date is before April 30, 2001 I think you should be able to make use of 240(i) provision. This allows your wife to adjust status even if she was out of status by paying a $1000 fine. As I mentioned talk to a good immigration lawyer.

No Title

Hi vsc9909,
I am also thinking of getting a good advice from immigration lawyer. But we have to wait to get an appointment till next week.

Thanx for ur suggestion.
If anyone has experienced the same before , post ur suggestions.
It will be really helpful.

Tomy

Should not be a problem .

Hi,
  I was in a similar position and i was advised by my lawyer to file as H4 ,
 If your wife\'s H4 is still valid and her passport is not stamped she should apply as H4 with TIN number , since your tax returns will be with her tin number . But even SSN shouldnt be a problem.

my case

see in my case we got approved the H-1 but during that time she was in India and she came back on H-4 only and never got stamped H-1 so my lawyer said she is fine as H-4 . althought she did get SS no that does not make any diff. if ur wife has never gone to India and she has the h-1 for while and never worked then my lawyer \' advise was to go for Consular processing a after her I94 (h4 ) expires she has 180 days and then she will be illegal. I checked with my lawyer week back.this is not to scare you but this is wut he told me

No Title

Hi SonuGC,
Thanks for the reply
I have already sent her back to India because 8 months past in H1B.Her H4 also expired before itself.
Am thinking of converting her back to H4 and then apply for 485. Or if we go for CP, is it OK. Can you please explain what ur attorney told whether she will be fine if we do CP.
Hope by doing this she should be fine. If anyone has experience like this, please share& post.
I am totally afraid of what to do.

Thanx,
Tomy