VERY IMP: S 1932 Some Immigration Provisions still remains

MADANST

Registered Users (C)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All

I spoke with an attorney and though H1-B visa recapture and EB visa recapture and L1 fee are elimated, it is still not very clear whether the provision stating that "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" is IN or OUT.

He thinks it might be still "IN" the final version. Once the report is out, we can confirm this.

Anyway I really care less to H1-B, recpature of EB and L1. We should only emphasise "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" .

So please dont give up the hope and keep fighting.

Thanks

If this bill is passed, I live in Miami,FL great place for tourist. All conferees (Just with Yeas) stay 3 days two night free... with free continental breakfast. ;) ;)

adusumilli said:
There is nothing in the report to suggest that "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" has survived. There is no reason to raise false hopes. Is there any specific section of the conference report that you can present to support what you are saying? There isn't any.
This fight is lost. Let 's concentrate on the next fight i.e. the comprehensive immigration bill scheduled in Feb. 2005. Contact your local desi community leaders.
They have a lot of clout with the local congressmen/senators. Use them to meet your local congressmen/senators in Jan when they will be in their areas so that when they go back to Washington in Feb, they may be on our side.

<<< I spoke with an attorney and though H1-B visa recapture and EB visa recapture and L1 fee are elimated, it is still not very clear whether the provision stating that "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" is IN or OUT.

He thinks it might be still "IN" the final version. Once the report is out, we can confirm this.

Anyway I really care less to H1-B, recpature of EB and L1. We should only emphasise "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" .

>>>>

You are trying to break the group

MadanSt,

Saying "Anyway I really care less to H1-B, recpature of EB and L1. We should only emphasise "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number", you are trying to break the group that is working hard to get something done for our community.

I do understand your concerns and wanted to file 485. But ask people who had filed it and renewing their EAD. It is a nightmare.

Please do not be selfish when you ask others to unite and fight.

It looks like you are asking for a provision to get a ticket for a movie but do not want to see the movie. SO are you going to be just content with having the ticket?

When we fight for retrogression, please consider everyones plight. You are giving way to divide our group. We already have anti-immigrant foces doing that and do not want our own people trying to divide us. Let us all join hands to remove EB retrogression.

Again, I will be happy to see filing of GC without priority date survived inthe Bill, but your attitude of not caring about other provisions to remove retrogression will hurt the group.

gc_vsc

MADANST said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All

I spoke with an attorney and though H1-B visa recapture and EB visa recapture and L1 fee are elimated, it is still not very clear whether the provision stating that "Allowing 485 filing without a visa number" is IN or OUT.

Thanks

Folks

I just wrote what my lawyer said. Thats it. Not trying to raise false hopes.
Aplogies if I would have hurt some body.

And Regd H1-B visa increase, do you guys realize that because of that, the immigration packet is dropped. Please open your eyes guys, its very sensitive matter. IAM NOT AGAINST H1. I myself came into USA on H1. With all the outsourcing going on, its damn unpopular here . Clubbing it with out EB visa numbers , file 485 without visa numer is a no-hoper.

Thanks

Guys,

To start with our campaign, can we contact NPR and tell us our problem.

We nned to have something on the media in regular intervals so more people like us will be aware of this problem.

If we are able to present the chart Sunil had provided , that woulr be great.

gc_vsc

It is gone guys !!! Don't make any hope out of S 1934
Look forward and fight. We giving extra ordinary thing to the US and asking GC on time.
Give and take in mutual benefits

gc_vsc said:
Guys,

To start with our campaign, can we contact NPR and tell us our problem.

We nned to have something on the media in regular intervals so more people like us will be aware of this problem.

If we are able to present the chart Sunil had provided , that woulr be great.

gc_vsc[/QUOTE
gc_vsc said:

Dude
if you do not care about EB visa recapture or other provisions, why should others care so that you can file 485.
Grow up and raise above your little selfish attitude.

All

Thanks

clearly

you are amongst the ones who hasn't filed for 485 so watching only self interest, you may join the group of your dumb lawyer..if that was the case it would have reflected in the savings with the bill passage as a line item as it adds $$$$ to the bill. whereas a provsion like recapture could still be in there because it doesnot add $$ and was done in past too, however in all particality nothing is there, hope this gives you some peace of mind
MADANST said:

All

Thanks

Folks

Iam making it very clear, I want EB visa numbers recapture badly and ofcourse I want the provision of applying 485 without a visa number too.
Iam not against increase of h1's , but I wont shout loudly for that.

Like couple of morons who just want to critize just coz I misrepresented that.I am not here for an argument. Iam not here to fight or divide the group.Iam here to join hands with all of you to get out this retro mess.

Thanks

Guys whats going on here?? All madanst did was post what his lawyer told him!! A similar thing is mentioned on Murthy.com today too. Yes a WHOLE lot of us have not been able to even file the 485 and even if this news is true i will STILL Celebrate (the chances of that are SLIM though). Common guys, i see NOTHING selfish abt madanst's post abt what his lawyer told him. We ALL want EB recapture, but a LOT of us wud be very happy even if we were allowed to File for the 485 as that gives a TON of benefits over not being able to even file.

true....i can imagine the people who are waiting since 4-6 years.....they have filed 485 and its a renewal-hell every year for them...

but for that we will have to ask more number...by some way..

but 485 filing...only frees us from employer....we are here...we are in process...we just want a small change to the process....

same way as ac21 frees up one from employer....for those who have already filed...

dont get me wrong......we will still keep fighting for more numbers...etc...but that may take time..

nozdam he went beyond just posting what his lawyer said

i.e.

unless he is your pal of course :)
nozdam said:
Guys whats going on here?? All madanst did was post what his lawyer told him!! A similar thing is mentioned on Murthy.com today too. Yes a WHOLE lot of us have not been able to even file the 485 and even if this news is true i will STILL Celebrate (the chances of that are SLIM though). Common guys, i see NOTHING selfish abt madanst's post abt what his lawyer told him. We ALL want EB recapture, but a LOT of us wud be very happy even if we were allowed to File for the 485 as that gives a TON of benefits over not being able to even file.

nato said:
you are amongst the ones who hasn't filed for 485 so watching only self interest, you may join the group of your dumb lawyer..if that was the case it would have reflected in the savings with the bill passage as a line item as it adds $$$$ to the bill. whereas a provsion like recapture could still be in there because it doesnot add $$ and was done in past too, however in all particality nothing is there, hope this gives you some peace of mind

Common Guys give him/her/ :confused: a break, everybody has right to speak their mind.
Besides, I don't think Madanst being selfish here.
Even I will be happy if we were allowed to File for the 485. :)
Something is better than nothing. :rolleyes:
Just my two cents.
Anyway lets stop the topic here as S.1932 is a past now :( ,lets move on.... :) :)

nato said:
i.e.

unless he is your pal of course :)

Nato i have no clue who Madanst is. Alli meant was Yes, even i wud have been happy if only 485/EAD filing alone was allowed. Lets face it he said 3 things, he doesnt care abt

1) h1b increase
2) L1 fee increase
3) EB recapture

Now points 1 and 2, Noone on here really care abt THAT strongly :)
Point 3, i agree, Madanst, kinda overstepped there. :)

But common guys, surely he/she didnt deserve, quite the verbal abuse which was written above? :)

Different situations .. different outlooks ...

Guys and Gals,

The ensuing discussion about whether people would be happy to just file the 485 and do not care about other provisions is all but natural. I have been in this forum for years and can clearly see the following -

Retrogression has divided the immigrant community into two distinct groups. One group consists of unfortunate filers who have been waiting for years on end and have now gotten stuck in retrogression. I am one of those people and can understand their feelings. People in our situation have a very different outlook towards this whole situation than someone who is waiting to start the process. In general, people who have filed their cases in 2000, 2001 and 2002 and who over the years have seen thousands upon thousands of people who filed much later than them get their GCs while they were left out in the cold, do not have a very rosy outlook of this situation. They do not have much patience left and they do view this situation in a more cynical way. We feel cheated and wronged. It is natural.

The second group of people are those that can't even begin this process because of retrogression. This group is more upbeat and would be more than happy to just file their 485s. They are also justified. To these people I say that you should continue to fight to get to where most of us others are but at the same time do not be surprised if you find people like us to be a little more than sensitive to comments. This process has made us this way.

The bottom line is that all of us need to understand eachothers situations and we need to be sensitive towards them. It would be wrong of me to say that I would just be happy if the PD went beyond August 01 (my PD) and then the rest of the people can go to hell. I won't lie and say that I would not be happy if the PD went beyond August 01 but I would try to be sensitive knowing that there are thousands of my own countrymen and fellow immigrants suffering at the hands of this process. So lets stop arguing and getting at eachothers throats. Lets join forces and try to better all of our situations. In these difficult times, we can only count on eachother because NO ONE else understands our situation and NO ONE really cares either.

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with u Saras, we need to be united, but to be perfectly honest, every lil thing IS a milestone for ppl like myself, who hasnt even been able to file for 485 and get EAD benefits.

I agree, it is wrong to use words like "Dont care" etc. But then everyone here has a lil bit of their own axe to grind :)

Lets face it. Once we get our GCs how many of us are going to still continue the fight against retrogression? :). Our problems unite us in the fight against EB retrogression. Unfo the different natures of our problems also divides us :). Lets consider this scenario:
Lets say this EB recapture went thru but the thing abt Letting everyone file for 485/EAD did not. Along with that lets say there was no movement in PDs for a while inspite of availability of new numbers, then i know I wud have been QUITE upset.

While we contribute to the common cause "Elimination of GC retrogression", we have to keep in mind, that our own individual goals (regarding retrogression) also have to be met, else ppl are going to stop fighting. Let's be true to ourselves here. We are each fighting ONLY coz we are stuck in the quagmire ourselves. If we weren't we wudnt be fighting, wud we? :)

Now would you call my thinking selfish or would u call it honest?:)

rayyan said:
If this bill is passed, I live in Miami,FL great place for tourist. All conferees (Just with Yeas) stay 3 days two night free... with free continental breakfast. ;) ;)
well... we might be neighbores... i live also in Miami.
just got my LC certified... hope for the best... ;)