Very IMP for H1-B Workers - Complain to DOL - Real Experience

kruz_patz

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am also one of those victim's of desi consultancies. I was on H1B, never got on project, poor marketing and was never paid. Not only that He was also asking
for pay roll money (1500 a month) and if failed to pay him this amonut, and he will drop H1. These people can go upto any level, for threatning their employee's and keeping them under their wings. But when one goes on project, they will not even pay prevailing wage ---

Well for all these problems there should be a complain department or a form ? Because in USA, no one is above law.
Anyways, so here is the detail of what you can do:

http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh-4.pdf -- WH-4, form which is mainly used to report alleged violations of H1-B employer's to DOL.

for example, if they are asking for payroll money, H1-B fee's, not paying you....etc and giving threats to drop H1-B.

Remember, if he drops your H1, it's his duty to provide you with one way air fare to your home country.

This information is my personal experience, and recently in april 2009 it has happened to me. I asked for my H1B fee's back, one way air fare and also asked him to give me a letter which clearly mentions that he gave me lay off because of bad economic situation. (In future you can show this letter to any immigration official so that you are not in fault)

I just thought to share this info, with you all who are either being victin or has been.

Good Luck --:)

Last edited by a moderator: